Abbey National Claim - Any advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am waiting for my Abbey national statements for the past six years I have from November 2005 to present. They were requested on 6th February, and have today received a letter wish the following;

"Dear Miss Jones

Thank you for your recent enquiry, requesting information onyour bank account. I also acknowledge receipt of your £10-00 fee.

I confirm that arrangements have been made for the information you have requested to be sent to you. The transactional information remaining on our systems, normally covering the last fourteen months, will be sent out in the form of individual duplicate statements. You should receive these within five to seven working days of the date of this letter.

Any previous trnsactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this infomation. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2001 and 2005, under separate cover.

With regards to any 'manual interventions' that may have been made on the account. We consider 'manual intervention' to mean an action this is not automatic or computer-driven. Not all manual interventions are recorded, for example if a member of staff looks at a paper document relating to an account, a record is not always required. Similarly some interventions may relate to work carried out by a department rather than individuals where no central record of activity is kept because this is not the kind of information we need, or more importantly, that a customer would usually request.

if you have any questions please call us on the above number."

Has anyone else had this letter? Is it basically telling me that it will not show all the charges I have incurred?

Please, if anyone can advise me what I should do, please get in touch.

Thanks,

I would get clarification from abbey on this matter. I think all its saying is that if people/departments access your account to investigate anything, that may not be recorded. I dont think it will affect charges. again, I would get clarification. they cant make things simple can they!

Guest louis wu

Hi cicerone,

this is a bog standard reply.

There are several forms of 'statement' (for want of a better word).

In total, I recieved four different types of copy statement from Abbey.

1. Bog standard everyday statement.

2. Same statement, but minus the summery of charges on page 1

3. Microfiche

4. A list of transactions, similar to something you get from a branch employee.

All of them had full transaction details and running balance. If you recieve printouts with incomplete details then I would take the copies to my local branch and ask them to explain what you have. Then ask branch staff to re-order, and get it in writing, but cross that bridge when you come to it.

The microfiche tkes some reading, but it is all there, you just need a good hi-lighter and a constant supply of coffee.

Keep us posted and good luck