Panic with a capital P!!!

debnc62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am really starting to panic now!!!

Im due in court next Tuesday (27th Feb) and I havent heard a thing from the Shabbey.

Have the got something up their sleeves ??

Has anybody got and Idea what I will have to say or request. I didnt think it was going to go this far but I reallly think Im going to be the one that they are going to win on this and refuse my charges. :confused:

Id be really grateful for any help you can give before I start to eat my fingers

Thanks so much in advance

Deb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what you mean Deb. I am in court on the 7th March. I have emailed Inga to ask where the copy of their bundle is but not heard anything. I am posting al letter to the court tomorrow to tell the judge I havent received anything form Abbey. Maybe as you say their tatics are changing.

Hi Deb, i wouldn't panic just read up a bit more on your bundle so you understand the arguments as to why the charges are unlawful. There are people on this site who didn't get paid till the day before a hearing some have even been offered a settlement on the morning of the hearing!

Hiya

All I received from the Court is the AQ and a court date. No Directions or anything. I did my Court Bundle all letters exc "Without Prejudice" one (the 1/2 amount settlement) I drew up a Witness statement sent schedule of charges, the print outs from the Shabbey proving the charges exist. a few media cut outs regarding the banks delaying tactics etc. I have sent all copies to bank and to court. tell ya I am really panicking now !!!

Deb

I would ring Inga or James on Monday and see what they have to say you may save your self all the worrying and just go into court and ask for a 7 day adjournment as Abbey will settle. Just an idea. I had done my court bundle sent a disclosure list and I then got on the phone it worked. I think they are so snowed under they are finding it hard to keep up even working late in the evenings. :D

Thanks Anney63

I will do, do you have the tel no?

Do you think they will turn up in Court?

Has anyone lost thier case with the Shabbey??

Im going to be up v v early tomorrow to finalise everything in my bundle

Fingers crossed and I'II let you know, how I get on

Thanks again to you and everyone

Guest louis wu

Deb, let us know what court you are going to attend, you never know, someone may be able to accompany you for moral support.

Do not be suprised if Abbey try to negotiate on the day, if they do have a read of this, it is very helpful

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/675-case-guidance-notes-making.html.

I know its difficult, and advice is allways easier to give than recieve, but try not to panic. I have to believe its just Abbeys way of stringing this out to the last minute (which they have done before).

If however, the do appear, you could be the person that finally gets disclosure on their actual costs....wouldn't that be something to tell the grandchildren.

We are all here for you. Best of luck

Guest louis wu

hello neighbour. at the moment i am working, but will try to get the morning off.

PM me with the details, and i will let you have my phone number.

If i can get the morning off i will definately come with you for moral support.

By the way i am no expert in legal matters, but i have had my first refund, so between us we will hopefully be okay.

Thanks anney honey you are a babe cheers .. Louis has said he might be able to come to court with me for support and thank you for yours hun really appreciate it all xxxx

Deb

I have sent you a PM, after you`ve read it get back in touch if you need further assistance:)

• Haha 1

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Deb,

I know it's only moral support but reading threads on here I do get the impression that the only two people in the Abbey legal dept are Inga and James and they seem to be swamped, so it sounds more like cock-up than conspiracy.

A very recent thread said that Inga hadn't even realised they were due in court the following week, and had to settle in a rush, so you're not alone.

Good luck

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi Charliefarley

Thanks for that. Have drafted an Email to James Arrandale regarding this as advised by Armsoft. just waiting for him to have a look at it and then will send it. if i havent received a reply by Midday im going to ring them. Hopefully it should be sorted by close of business 26th fingers crossed.

Cant wait to be able to send a donation . Thanks again to everyone who have helped and supported through this very tension fillled time the poor dog seems to bear the brunt of it. good job he doesnt know the meaning of the " turning the air blue" lol will let you all know as soon as I do Deb

Thank you so Much MBK!! really nervous he he but with the folks on this forum it seems its a sure winner!!

The people on here hun are pure diamonds so there you go keep checking in and you'll be at this stage before you know it.

Good luck to you and again THANKS!!

Thanks!

I have a huge overdraft with Abbey (silly me!!) and a little scared that they could call it in if I were to pursue any claim against them. At the moment I don't have the funds to pay up. However I will start another claim against MBNA and Barclaycard.

I hope you hear from Abbey tomorrow. And you are so right about this forum. Very helpful indeed!! I have learnt so much.

Hi MBK

Well If they do that you can state that this is to be left alone while the dispute is ongoing.

However in my experience, they left mine well alone. At the moment they are snowed under with the Bank charges action so i wouldnt worry too much about it.

If you are over your overdraft, try and get it down to the authorised level if you can then they cant touch you.

You will be fine

good luck

Deb

Read some of the other threads and keep an eye on the media as well.

i would ring them first thing in the morning as well sending the email. they do not always reply to emails in time.

god typical of abbey to leave it so late. they settled mine on the day and it was in fast track. the court clerks said the judge wouldnt be a happy bunny about this. :mad: