Jaffacat versus BOS

jaffacat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I`ve been successful against Halifax and Capital One so I know what I`m doing when it comes to reclaiming bank charges - only BOS have got me stumped!

I`ve been helping two friends who bank with BOS. I got them to personally hand in the SAR`s to their branch with the necessary fees on 26th November 2006. Both of them have recieved nothing back so this Saturday I sorted out the non-compliance letters and posted them recorded.

Can anyone tell me if they have had problems getting their statements from BOS, and also what do I do if they ignore the 7 days on the non compliance letter?

Any help gratefully recieved!

Hi, my statements arrived late and only some came. I phoned them and they said because of the merge with the Halifax the remaining statements were held at a different place and would be sent later. She also said they weren't prepared for the new change in law and everyone wanting their statements. I did get them all not too late. All my mums ones haven't arrived but she didn't have any charges for that years so maybe thats why.

good luck

I phoned BOS telephone banking and received mine fairly quickly. They did come in about 3 packets and some were actual statements and some were what looked like old ones where you could see the changeover to halifax. They did all come within a week though.

My partner phoned Nationwide today asking for his statements and was fed some garbage about he had to go into his branch as they didnt know his address... he was like, ive been here for 4 years and have been receiving statements etc.. your talking rubbish... to which the call handler said well you have to go into your branch to clear it up and do this that and the next thing. Total CRAP!

Mt theory is they are trying to make every stage of this process as difficult as possible for the pursuer in order to try and put them off.

Well it wont... so off he is going to nationwide tomorrow! Idiots!

** BOS claim 1 filed 5th Feb - awaiting outcome**

• 2 weeks later...

Update: they recieved their statements today. Just about to do the Preliminary Approach letters on their behalf.

Only thing is, I cant see what the best address is to send them to.

Can anyone advise please?