Halifax Credit Card ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked for statements for both mine and husbands credit card accounts back in March and they still haven't sent them. In fact I haven't heard anything, despite sending them 2 reminders!

Has anyone got any advice on what to do next? I can't ring them because I am really behind with my payments and when I ring I get transferred straight to "Retail Bank Collections"! I have arranged a payment plan through the CCCS but haven't had a reply yet.

They have 40 days in which to supply this, so are the 40 days up yet? If so then you can go to the Library section and send template 3 which is notification of you taking action against them for not complying with this.

Unless you sent it recorded delivery though they could turn around and say they never received it in the first place, which of course is very hard for you to disprove.

With the DPA its best to just keep hassling them about it. But as i said it is the law that they have to supply it within 40 days.

The statements for my account finally arrived today after 7 weeks! I can't wait to pay these idiots off and never have to deal with them again. They did kindly waive the £10 as I had been waiting so long - how generous! Will add up what they owe me tonight! Can't wait.

• 1 month later...

Use

Halifax plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2UJ

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 2 months later...

its not so much as a reply its more im in a simular situation as yorself.i have too fell behind with my payments ive written to them three times now with my proposal of payment via ccs and ,they are going out of ther way to ignore me even though they are procesing my propossal of payment they swiped £415 from my account with out telling me leaving me really short on my morgage that month be very beware of them they are very disshonest, and send all your letters recorded delivery.ive been waiting 2months for them 2 acnowledge my payment plan.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for a refund of charges from both Halifax and Sainsburys. Funnily enough received nearly identical letters declining my request for a refund for £600+ on each (as calculated by tediously going through 6 years of statements) signed by the same person in the Customer Services Department at both companies! The letters state that as I have "signed the Terms and Conditions of Use and agreed to abide by these terms, as a result they are unable to consider any request to refund any of the charges applied to my account".

Has anyone else received similar letters and what should I do now?

.....and what should I do now?

Post this into your own thread in this forum, then we can advise you and follow your progress.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

CONGRATULATIONS

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks