hek vs mbna (virgin)

hek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

This is 2nd attempt at getting money back, been through it with 3 barclays accounts and claimed back over £6000.

Now we have started on virgin.

I sent off the SAR a few weeks ago and received a letter today, with statements offering a goodwill gesture of less than the amount we're owed.

I have adjusted the acceptance/non acceptance of offer letter as follows.

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Rachel Claridge

Thank you for your letter dated 15th February 2007.

I respectfully decline your offer as Full and Final settlement and request, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £500.50

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

If you do not accept my conditions, or you do not respond within 14 days, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer and the money transferred to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance. I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly.

I shall also begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully,

HEK

Is this okay or should I be doing it as a preliminary rather than a letter before action, I don't want to be accused of not giving them reasonable time to respond, bearing in mind the only letter we've sent so far is the SAR.

any help greatfully recieved.

HEK.

Hi there.

I respectfully decline your offer as Full and Final settlement and request, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £500.50

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

If you do not accept my conditions, or you do not respond within 14 days, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer and the money transferred to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance. I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly.

I shall also begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

IMHO I would say I accept the sum offered without prejudice as partial settlement and will persue recovery of the remainder through County Court. (or however it's worded on the CAG letter)

I wouldn't include ALL the statements you have in your letter as it looks a little confusing to me and you need this letter to be very clear as it's your letter before action.

Hope I made sense, and good luck

W x