Boing v MBNA

boingboing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there and thanks for reading.....

My account with MBNA is part of my DMP with CCCS.

I wrote to MBNA requesting my SAR on 18 Jan 07 inclosing the £10 cheque. Had no response so wrote again on 29 Jan 07 requesting SAR and acknowledgement of receipt of previous letter and cheque.

Still NOTHING lol. The 40 days is up on 27 Feb 07 and as of today the cheque has not been cashed. Both letters were sent via recorded delivery so I KNOW they recieved the letters.

Do I write again, pointing out they only have x days in which to respond? Or just leave em to it for the moment whilst I compile a letter of complaint to the Financial Ombudsman?

W x

Wish I'd known that earlier lol thanks!

Ok I'll send the SAR again with a PO, if they later cash the cheque ok I've lost 10 quid, but as I think they probably owe me alot more than that it's worth it!

I can see MBNA are gonna play tough on this, and I get a nasty feeling i'm gonna have to go as far as LBA at least :confused:

Shame really cos Morgan Stanley were v good, sent out statements from the start of my account (August 2000) and not just the last 6 years, think they were so helpful cos I only had 1 charge for £20 lol....... :idea: if they had all my statements from over 6 years ago, does that mean MBNA might too? Maybe I should ask for copies of ALL my statements?????

As always, your comments/ideas are most welcome

W x

• 2 weeks later...
Wish I'd known that earlier lol thanks!

Ok I'll send the SAR again with a PO, if they later cash the cheque ok I've lost 10 quid, but as I think they probably owe me alot more than that it's worth it!

I can see MBNA are gonna play tough on this, and I get a nasty feeling i'm gonna have to go as far as LBA at least :confused:

Shame really cos Morgan Stanley were v good, sent out statements from the start of my account (August 2000) and not just the last 6 years, think they were so helpful cos I only had 1 charge for £20 lol....... :idea: if they had all my statements from over 6 years ago, does that mean MBNA might too? Maybe I should ask for copies of ALL my statements?????

As always, your comments/ideas are most welcome

W x

Hi Boing, there is a statute of limitations regarding claims over six years old, please search the site as I am not sure where to point you but I know somebody won going back way beyond 6 years, I am sure it is on the MBNA forum.

You will not necessarily have a battle with MBNA. They have been rolling over quite quickly and even working out contractual interest for some people.

Don't send an SAR again, there is no need. Write to them and remind them of YOUR timetable. At the moment they are doing weird things like returning cheques and sending a list of charges (which in some cases turn out to be rather less than the charges on the statements) and then saying they have not treated your request "as a full SAR request" (why the hell not????) so do insist they carry out the full SAR as per your instruction and payment. I would suggest ringing the CEO office too just to give them a nudge (contact details on sticky at top of forum). Remember, that they want you to get all confused and start doing things over again, it suits them, as their stalling tactics mentioned above suit them.

This is YOUR claim, YOUR timetable and they are supposed to do as YOU say!

I hope this helps you and ask away if there is anything else.:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Boing, there is a statute of limitations regarding claims over six years old, please search the site as I am not sure where to point you but I know somebody won going back way beyond 6 years, I am sure it is on the MBNA forum.

You will not necessarily have a battle with MBNA. They have been rolling over quite quickly and even working out contractual interest for some people.

Don't send an SAR again, there is no need. Write to them and remind them of YOUR timetable. At the moment they are doing weird things like returning cheques and sending a list of charges (which in some cases turn out to be rather less than the charges on the statements) and then saying they have not treated your request "as a full SAR request" (why the hell not????) so do insist they carry out the full SAR as per your instruction and payment. I would suggest ringing the CEO office too just to give them a nudge (contact details on sticky at top of forum). Remember, that they want you to get all confused and start doing things over again, it suits them, as their stalling tactics mentioned above suit them.

This is YOUR claim, YOUR timetable and they are supposed to do as YOU say!

I hope this helps you and ask away if there is anything else.:)

Only me again, try this number : 01244-672628:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Only me again, try this number : 01244-672628:)

The beyond statute of limitations thread is on the next page and is by Debt Mountain and it is MBNA Part 2.

I have tried to post a link but it is not having it! It sticks out so have a look!:)

• Haha 1

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Thank you so much, I'll call the number tomorrow and see what happens. I've also checked out the financial ombudsman site and downloaded their complaint form.

You're very welcome and on your way now!! Excellent! Keep us posted and shout if you need any help:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I know somebody won going back way beyond 6 years, I am sure it is on the MBNA forum.

that will have been me. I just sent a fax giving an estimated figure based on my first claim adn the paid up within 2 weeks. The first caim was settled ok but they didn't actually do the SAr, they just sent a list of charges in a spreadsheet.

Try calling the customer advocates folks and talk to them. they are fairly good to deal with.

good luck

• Haha 1

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Thanks for that, although I'm fairly certain that all the charges on this account are from the last 2 years, before they froze the account.

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you don't get your SAR, but have kept old invoices, you total up the charges and average that out over the 6 years and then claim for that (bet that'd scare em) in the hope that they'll then cough up the actual charge info?

Think I may do that anyway, I realise the banks are snowed under with requests, but how long does it take to log a letter onto a system and generate a bog standard 'we have recieved your request etc etc' letter? Certainly not over 40 days!

MBNA are awful, and after reading various posts over on MSE regarding their bullying, intimidation and downright rudeness, the sooner I pay up what I owe and sever all ties with MBNA the better!!