Cornucopia V Goldfish

Cornucopia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Corn, any more copies of you "original agreement" turned up? I PM'd Zu and he is going to try and sort out a "where do we go from here" letter!!!

Let me know how you get on

Birchave:)

Hi Birchave, sorry I didn't realise it was you I was speaking to on Addabet's thread!

No, no more than the 400-odd that I mentioned on that thread, but I did today receive my pin number for my card:confused: I haven't asked for it and it is the same as the one I already have! I do hope this isn't the start of 400-odd pin numbers!!!!

Tomorrow, Goldfish, as far as I am concerned have defaulted entirely on my CCA request as it will be the 12 + 30 + 2. Like you, what they have sent me, simply doesn't comply, whatever they say.

Glad Zubo is helping, can you PM me when you've got the letter so I can steal it too. I have so many bloody letters to write, I am getting repetitive strain injury! Oh happy days!

Regards,

Corn x:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Birchave, sorry I didn't realise it was you I was speaking to on Addabet's thread!

No, no more than the 400-odd that I mentioned on that thread, but I did today receive my pin number for my card:confused: I haven't asked for it and it is the same as the one I already have! I do hope this isn't the start of 400-odd pin numbers!!!!

Tomorrow, Goldfish, as far as I am concerned have defaulted entirely on my CCA request as it will be the 12 + 30 + 2. Like you, what they have sent me, simply doesn't comply, whatever they say.

Glad Zubo is helping, can you PM me when you've got the letter so I can steal it too. I have so many bloody letters to write, I am getting repetitive strain injury! Oh happy days!

Regards,

No problem, know what you mean about the letters! Marbles haven't even sent a reply to my CCA request, I asked for it in February, I think they may be due a default letter, must have a look in the letters library...............:rolleyes:

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

• 3 weeks later...

hi Corn, any news? I sent the letter I showed you to Goldfish a week ago, I haven't received a reply yet, they may have phoned me since but I don't answer the phone anymore! If it's a 0800 or 0845 number I don't pick up!:D

birchave

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

hi Corn, any news? I sent the letter I showed you to Goldfish a week ago, I haven't received a reply yet, they may have phoned me since but I don't answer the phone anymore! If it's a 0800 or 0845 number I don't pick up!:D

birchave

Sorry for late response Birchave, I have been away from threads because my daughter has been unwell (all OK now!).

I haven't received a response from them - it is ridiculous, although I have to admit the list of agreements and their dates that I sent them will keep somebody busy for a while!

I haven't paid them this month. I have told them that I am not paying them but have heard nothing yet. I am a bit uncomfortable with this as I have never not paid them but I feel that I am going to have to see this through although I expect it will be painful!

Will update as soon as I hear anything!!

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Corn, well I sent my letter and heard nothing for two weeks, then on Friday when I got home from work there was a letter from a Debt collection agency called Newmans!!!

They are demanding the amount I owe in full! I rang them and asked what this was all about, they claim Goldfish will "not enter further negotiations with you regarding payment of this account"!!!! I told them about my CCA requests, about Goldfish's failure to comply, I also told them the debt was in dispute and they had no right to sell it on. They claim they had not bought the debt but are acting on behalf of Goldfish, I said I had heard nothing from Goldfish since sending in my letter and they had no right to act without informing me of their intentions. They said Goldfish should have contacted me, I said they had'nt. He then asked me why I had requested my CCA and had I had legal advice???? What a strange question, I just said I was questioning the PPI I have paid and they have not sent the information I requested about this either. He then said he would have to get back in touch with Goldfish, this would take around a week, and then he would contact me......

I think I'll just sit tight on this one, I don't think they have the agreement, They have twice sent me out just a copy of the terms and conditions with my name typed on, why if they have it can't they just send it out????

I suppose the worst that can happen is they take me to court, but then they will have to produce it anyway, and if they do won't they get into bother for not producing it when I first asked??? Wasting court time? Anyway, will see what happens.......

Birchave:rolleyes:

If they didn't send it you in the 12+30 days then I think they would be absolutely stupid to turn up with it in court. Not producing it in that timescale is a CRIMINAL offence. To turn up with it in court would be suicidal!

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

If they didn't send it you in the 12+30 days then I think they would be absolutely stupid to turn up with it in court. Not producing it in that timescale is a CRIMINAL offence. To turn up with it in court would be suicidal!

Steven

Sorry Corn for hijacking your thread!!!!

I requested the CCA back in January, 5 months ago!!!! All they have come up with is a concocted terms and conditions with my name, account number and address on it. It's dated March 2007, I've had the account since 2003!!!! If they have the agreement why not just send it?????:(

Sorry too Corn. birchave0, you need to make a complaint to the OFT and trading standards.

Steven

Sorry too Corn. birchave0, you need to make a complaint to the OFT and trading standards.

Steven

apologies again corn!!!!

Steven any idea where I can find a suitable letter to send to the above???

thanks

Birchave:confused:

I'm afraid I don't know of a template letter. Just write and tell them what you have told us. Give dates, maybe even copies of the letters and replies. Point out what Golfish's obligtions are under the CCA and the fact that they have not met them.

Steven

I'm afraid I don't know of a template letter. Just write and tell them what you have told us. Give dates, maybe even copies of the letters and replies. Point out what Golfish's obligtions are under the CCA and the fact that they have not met them.

Steven

Guys, please don't apologise, I consider any posting on my threads to be useful, no-one hijacks!

I have still heard nothing from Goldfish about my 400 odd agreements. They haven't even chased for payment yet which is a bit bizarre.

Birch, I would hop back over to Addabets thread as Zubo supplied some excellent letters that are on there. I would post a link but I am a bit short of time.

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Guys, please don't apologise, I consider any posting on my threads to be useful, no-one hijacks!

I have still heard nothing from Goldfish about my 400 odd agreements. They haven't even chased for payment yet which is a bit bizarre.

Birch, I would hop back over to Addabets thread as Zubo supplied some excellent letters that are on there. I would post a link but I am a bit short of time.

Regards,

thanks corn, hopping now!!!

Birchave:)

• 1 year later...

I can't believe how long it has been since I updated this thread! It is now a case of "what would you do" because I am in a real quandary!

To cut a long story short, I CCA'd GF only to receive 456 sheets of T&C's in batches over a period. It took a year for them to provide me with a copy of the application form that had the PPI box ticked (not by me). Various letters and e-mails flew back and forth with no resolution and I finally got a letter from Cabot saying that they were now the owners. However, many of the details on the letter were wrong. When I CCA'd Cabot, I got a letter back saying that their client was having difficulty in locating the information (I suspect due to the wrong information related to me) and they would be in touch a.s.a.p. Well that was May last year and I have heard nothing since.

I am trying hard to get my financial situation sorted for a variety of reasons and I would like to try and see the back of this issue. I know that the Goldfish brand has been bought by Barclays but you'd think they would have pursued this by now wouldn't you? Aside from a general letter saying they now held the Goldfish brand, I have heard nothing.

Others have advised me to leave well alone and to be honest, that is tempting, although they are bound to catch up with my eventually. Given the history of this saga, I am considering a full and final settlement offer but am wondering if I am likely to stir the hornets nest if I make myself known again.

I really don't know what to do for the best. What do you think??!!

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

i have not heard from F since Au 08 when they sent me a copy of an application form

Hello dvdriley, did your application come from Goldfish or via Barclays? I am interested because I think there has been some sort of administrative disaster....I can't be sure, but have noticed the odd post around the forums suggesting the same thing.

I think it's time to check the credit report and see what's going on!

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Guest dvdriley

it camr from GF, however I have been looking back at my statements since Se[pt 2008. They say that Mercers are now going to be chasing this debt, then they said another DCA would chase it, however I have never had some much as a phone call from any DAC

I can't believe how long it has been since I updated this thread! It is now a case of "what would you do" because I am in a real quandary!

Hello!

To cut a long story short, I CCA'd GF only to receive 456 sheets of T&C's in batches over a period. It took a year for them to provide me with a copy of the application form that had the PPI box ticked (not by me). Various letters and e-mails flew back and forth with no resolution and I finally got a letter from Cabot saying that they were now the owners. However, many of the details on the letter were wrong. When I CCA'd Cabot, I got a letter back saying that their client was having difficulty in locating the information (I suspect due to the wrong information related to me) and they would be in touch a.s.a.p. Well that was May last year and I have heard nothing since. (Cabot's standard reply at the moment, i've had it as well as others. They also say the information may be archived and if it takes a long time they will keep you informed.)

I am trying hard to get my financial situation sorted for a variety of reasons and I would like to try and see the back of this issue. I know that the Goldfish brand has been bought by Barclays but you'd think they would have pursued this by now wouldn't you? Aside from a general letter saying they now held the Goldfish brand, I have heard nothing.

Others have advised me to leave well alone and to be honest, that is tempting, although they are bound to catch up with my eventually. Given the history of this saga, I am considering a full and final settlement offer but am wondering if I am likely to stir the hornets nest if I make myself known again.

Depends what else you have going on. You must assume the worst case scenario in that any contact (dispute letter or F&F) is going to have them cause you problems and hassle.

The question is, can you give that your full attention and time should it be the case? If the answer is no because you are dealing with other matters then, it's annoying and frustrating, but i would leave it for now. Nice to think a F&F offer would be accepted in the first letter and that would be an end to it but that hardly happens does it.

Cap1 ignored me for months. I sent s10 and a few days later Brian Carter was all over me causing me grief. Did the same (S10) to others at the time and in so doing i took on too much at once and wasn't able to give careful attention to each correspondence.

MBNA wrote twice last year. I was tempted to report them for an invalid Default but in the end decided to leave it well alone to concentrate all my mental efforts and energies on sorting out the ones that were not leaving me alone.

There is only so much you can give your undivided attention and concentration towards at one time and still be effective and without making errors.

I really don't know what to do for the best. What do you think??!!

Regards,

Nice to see you back by the way! x

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Nice to see you back by the way! x

Hello you! Oh I do lurk around here believe it or not! I know you're right, but this is really starting to bother me now....I'll e-mail you with all the goings on!

Regarding the issue I posted earlier with wrong account details...I have just found this courtesy of Google :

Goldfish credit card info bungle | The Sun |News|Sun Money

It's all a bit of a pickle isn't it?

Hugs,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.