Js V Ltsb

John Stirling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all in the fight, thought i would post this thread as i have started to take action and would like to share this with you all.

Requested DPA info on account about mid March, i managed to retrieve 2yrs of statements via internet banking site, the rest i requested from my branch using the standard DPA format. They reponded very quickly with statements however they said that my manual intervention info was sent to another dept to be actioned. Let the 40 days run to 5 days left and wrote a strong reminder. Info was sent from my own branch 2 days later.

Armed with all my info i inputted this into the spreadsheet and low and behold over 4k in charges.

Sent preliminary letter and responce came from Birmingham not my own branch, must have a task force set up from here to deal with us! Letter stated my complaint would be dealt with in 2 weeks. Letter signed by a David Just. Responce was sent within a few days, saying go away our charges are just and transparent no hidden charges you knew this before you signed sort of attitude. i am now sending of LBA letter and we will see what comes back.

Has anyone actually won against these guys and if so how far did you have to go if we can gather some responces we may be able to figure their damage limitation policy, thus giving us the point of folding.

Good luck to you all, and power to the people.

If you have any doubts about the bank paying up, check the survey of people who have had their money returned: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/surveyresults.php

Granted, LTSB are not at the top of the heap for paying out, but like the others they do pay out eventually.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my LBA letter on 22nd May to the customer service Recovery Centre, Birmingham. I added to the format the fact that listing your charges and making them transparent does not make it just. i invited them to respond and justify the charges made asking them to show that these were "not for profit".

I got a very weak and uninterested reply yesterday. "Stating they are unable to add to the previous letter, sorry if i am unhappy, but they do respect my opinion on the matter!

I will now be following this through to moneyclaim shortly, i would appreciate a quick heads up of what i should do and what will happen from now on.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

John

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks