happyshopper29 vs lloyds tsb

happyshopper29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello this is my first thread.

This is an excellent website and if successful, I will be more than happy to donate a fifth of my claim. I have only been aware of the website of just over a week and have learnt so much.

I have banked with Lloyds TSB for 25 years and luckily have kept my bank statements for the last 6 years (I always thought they would come in handy!).

I am going to post a claim of £370 (not including interest) to the follwing address 125 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 3SF. It is not a lot of money to them, but it will clear my overdraft.

The thing is I don't really want them to close my bank account. I am thinking of opening a Halifax account (to receive a bonus of £100), but I am a little worried they may refuse me. Does anyone know of Lloyds TSB closing accounts of claiments?

I am going to send a SAR request to GE Bank for my Frasercard which is now paid off (I wish I kept statements for these), which I'm pretty sure will have some default charges on them. Is there any way I can check before sending my cheque?

Hopefully, I will hear back within 14 days from Lloyds TSB and let you all know what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Michael for your reply.

I have got a letter back from Lloyds TSB yesterday. It says:

Dear Miss xxxxxx,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough in their accounts to covera payment, this always means extra work - and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it's fair to charge for this service.

Of course its only fair too, that we're completely open about any charged-for-service before you take them up. That's why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges. Blah blah blah ...

I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I can't agree to cancel your charges.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. If we cannot come to an agreed solution after this I will help you refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsmen Service for independent advice.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need to reply to my letter. If I have not heard back from you by the 23/4/07, I will close my file, though I will be happy to reopen it should you come back at any point afterwards.

Yours sincerely

Debbie Gilbert

Team Manager

Customer Services Recovery Centre Advisor.

I understand that going over the agreed limit involve some extra work, but does it really cost £30 per day. At one point I was charged £100 for exactly this.

I would prefer not to go the court route, so I thought I would write again demanding that they pay £300 (£370 claim less my estimate of their proper charges) or I will take them to court. It sems very unlikely that this will work, but I would like to know what you think.

Hi

This is s standard reply from Lloyds I had one exactly the same. You now need to move on to the second letter. Stick with it Lloyds seem to be the bank that drags it's heels but from reading all the threads they do seem to pay up eventually

Thank you for your advice. I will draft the letter today and send it recorded tomorrow.

My sister told me about a bank charges television programme last Friday, and she said that the courts are likely to bring in legislation that says the banks will only be allowed to charge a maximum of £12. Does this mean that if the legislation is brought it, then would my claim reduce by £12 by each charge?

Thank you for your advice. I will draft the letter today and send it recorded tomorrow.

My sister told me about a bank charges television programme last Friday, and she said that the courts are likely to bring in legislation that says the banks will only be allowed to charge a maximum of £12. Does this mean that if the legislation is brought it, then would my claim reduce by £12 by each charge?

Hi,

Firstly it is not the courts that would set any limit to the bank charges, it would be the FSA, and again the £12 mentioned is purely a level at which the FSA would not get involved with complaints for charges under £12. The £12 is still of course a Penalty charge and therefore still unlawful and can still be challenged unless they can prove that the £12 is the true cost to them. They cannot profit from charges under common law.

The Program last Friday was a bit misleading to say the least. Typical Martin though..lol.

Carry on to the next stage of your claim, Lloyds will no doubt take their time and they have been very sloppy over claims recently..They never submitted defence for my second claim and I got court Decree which gave me the option of sending in the Bailiffs.. When I faxed their solicitors a copy of the Decree the money was back in my account within an Hour..lol

Good Luck and keep up the fight.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

The bank so far has not responded to my LBA so I will file a claim on Monday 26 March when the 14 days is up.

I do have a question regarding contractural interest. I read on this website that my first letter and my LBA should not mention interest as I cannot claim this until I got to court. However, is it worth trying to claim contractural interest if it gets to court as it would increase my claim to £599 from £436? And if so, should I have mentioned this in my letters?

Thank you

And if so, should I have mentioned this in my letters?

Contractual interest should be claimed from your first letter. It is only 8% that cannot be claimed until you file at court. Plus you cannot claim both, one or the other. 8% can only be claimed in the alternative, if the judge disallows contractual

Thanks Michael,

I have drafted a second prelim letter requesting my charges back plus contractural interest of 18.3%.

Before I do that please can someone check my calculations?

I have used a spreadsheet called compoundinterest_v9 but I have not filled in the right hand side of the table, as I am not sure how to.

Thank you in anticipation

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Since the last time i posted on this thread i have been too bogged down in exams and work that I have not gone any further with my claim. The last action I did was just send the lba.

Anyway, I received a letter yesterday from Lloyds saying:

Thank you for getting in touch again. I am sorry you are still unhappy about your account charges.

Then they go on about how their charges are fair, if you think you will go over the limit you should contact us etc.

Generally, we don't agree to adjust any of these charges, but I can tell you that on this occasion we are prepared to repay you £339.00 in full and final settlement of your complaint. (My orginal claim was for £350)

We will credit this amount within 10 working days.

Please treat this letter has a final response.

So I will check my bank balance and inform you when I get the money. I thought I was going to have to go all the way with Lloyds TSB as they seem to be the awkward in paying up front, so I'm really pleased. Not sure why only £339.00, maybe the difference is what their actual costs were, so that works out to be £1 per default.

£11 short..lol But it better in your pocket than in theirs, Well Done.. and spend it wisely...lol

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

:D:)