lenny100 v Credit infomation bureu

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An update after I sent The Credit Information Bureau a S.A.R. saying I wanted all data they hold. I received a reply today.

They say that all requested correspondence requested has been sent to me previously ??? I have had NOTHING apart from a few threat letters demanding payment. They also confirm no data has been passed to 3rd parties and that my outstanding balance has now been cancelled. They also say my credit rating is unaffected and they returned my 10 quid.

I am tempted to accept the situation but my OH thinks I should push for a refund of what I've already paid under the Supply of Goods & Services Act. Any thoughts?

personally, I think discretion is the better part of valour, and I would tend to accept the situation. You are better off than you were before, at any rate, and sometimes knowing when to stop pushing is best. it is important to verify that they haven't addded any data to your credit file, however.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks for the reply. Having almost £1400 written off should feel like I've won but I still feel like I've been ripped off.

This was for a computer course that THEY let me down on by not returning coursework, etc. (loads more problems but won't bore you). My OH has likened it to buying a kit car in 'weekly parts' and they stop sending the bits when it is half built even though I had a loan for the whole amount. I've paid for the bits I've got and they now don't want the money for the rest BUT a 'car without an engine' is no use at all.

I dunno what to make of this DCA. They refused my S.A.R. so I don't even know if they have a legal right to write this balance off. I suppose I'm afraid they'll sell it on again and I'm back to square one.

• 2 years later...