Solicitors Letter Received

nannamoon1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

until they respond with answers to your questions there isn't much you can do. They know you are withholding payment and until they resolve matters

they know there is no need for you to resume payment. You would think that would be a good motivation for them to reply quickly.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of activity on here so I will respond as a whole.

1. The CCA request will not put the account in didpute as there is a CCJ on this which will override this.

2. Next will have kept the statments and archived them they would not have passed them on to the DCA.

3. CCJ's satisified or not come off your CRA files after 6 years so Exquifax will have no record of this.

4. The SAR needs to go to IJ and they should send back the proof of the CCJ

5. GPB must prove the CCJ before they can enforce it.

I wouldn't bother contacting any of them until they provide the above.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Gizmo,

I rang Next a few weeks ago, as I was getting really frustrated with GPB, I actually got a really helpful lady (for a change) who informed me that NEXT had not taken me to court, and that they do not and have not received any payments from me, which indicates that Next probably sold the debt to IJ 14 years ago. I do not understand why GPB keep referring to Next if they have bought the debt.

I guess as GPB have not answered any of my questions, nor have they produced any proof of any CCJ, I will just sit and wait to see what happens:( scary one does wonder what they have up their sleeve, my only concerns is that IMHO I do not know if there was/is a CCJ or not.

I sent a SAR to IJ on 30 March, so they have a while yet....

Next did tell me though that they sent statements to GPB on the 16 th February....so why to GPB keep saying that they are still waiting a reply from our clients....I know that they have replied, but I have not received any statements...

nannamoon

Hi,

I have been paying a debt for 14 years

I sent a SAR to Intrum Justitia, for a debt that is supposed to be a CCJ (I have another thread on that saga)Solicitors Letter Received if anyone wants to read.

I have had the SAR together with the PO returned asking me to prove my Identity, however this is where it is complicated...

I remarried in 2000 and rang all of the 4 (at the time) DCA to change my name to my married name....only one would change the name on the debt...which I can prove with the payment book.

When I started writing to IJ recently (never wrote to them in the whole 14 years up until a month ago) I just signed the letters in the name the debt is registered in as, I was told in 2000 they were unable to changed the name on the debt....

Now of course having this SAR returned asking my to prove my Identity what should I do...of course I have nothing in my pre married name...should I prove my Identity with a covering letter explaining the situation???

I suppose they are going to question the recent letters as well....

Intrum Justitia....my favourites :rolleyes:

I've heard about DCA's, etc doing this before, asking for proof of identity is a delay tactic on their part....

funny how they don't care about your identity when they take money off you, only when you want something from them.

I'm no expert but if you do have to send proof of ID just send a photocopy of whatever you have with a brief letter to explain if the name differs from what they have....

but I do think, as I said above, it's merely a tactic they use to delay so any time restraints you gave in your requests should still stand

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

allykat,

have a read of the "solicitors letter received thread" IJ have in house solicitors Geoffrey Parker Bourne...they have not been telling the truth....hence the reason a SAR to IJ.

you are quite right in saying they are happy to take your money without proving who you are..they have been taking mine for 14 years....with what it appears to be no proof....

nanna

Right....just read your other thread...in my opinion, IJ do not own this debt, if they did the letters you are getting from their in-house solicitors would refer to the client as IJ, not Next. Just my opinion though

As for the ID they want from you, surely the reference number would be enough? Again, they are asking for this as a delay tactic. However, I would be inclined to reply, enclosing the ref. a photocopy of some ID but remind them that the time limit of your SAR still applies

You have done right by sending the SAR as it would appear that both next and IJ are completely incapable of proving you with answers as to who owns the debt, if there actually is a CCJ or not and where exactly the money you are paying is going!

See if Next do still own the debt then it should really be them who you send the SAR to, but as you don't know who owns it I guess that makes it hard!

I hate Intrum Justitia with a passion :mad:

allykat,

I phoned Next recently as I wanted to find out information, as I know Geoffrey Parker Bourne were being twats....

Anyway Next told me that they have NEVER received any of my payments and that they transfered the debt to Intrum Justitia in July 1993, hence the SAR to IJ Next also told me the balance when they passed the debt to IJ was £1,600, I asked them if they had sold the debt....I did not get a reply, all she said was it was down to IJ how they collected the debt.

Next also told me that they sent statements to Geoffrey Parker Bourne on the 13 Feb, yet GPB in there last letter claim they are still waiting to hear from our clients.

Can I still keep the clock ticking as they have sent the Postal Order back too.

allykat,

I phoned Next recently as I wanted to find out information, as I know Geoffrey Parker Bourne were being twats....

Anyway Next told me that they have NEVER received any of my payments and that they transfered the debt to Intrum Justitia in July 1993, hence the SAR to IJ Next also told me the balance when they passed the debt to IJ was £1,600, I asked them if they had sold the debt....I did not get a reply, all she said was it was down to IJ how they collected the debt.

Next also told me that they sent statements to Geoffrey Parker Bourne on the 13 Feb, yet GPB in there last letter claim they are still waiting to hear from our clients.

Can I still keep the clock ticking as they have sent the Postal Order back too.

Hmmm....seems like they are all seriously messing you about....:mad:

I would be inclined to return the postal order to IJ, with proof of your identity as they asked, but enclose a copy of the original SAR letter and remind them that are required by law to provide these documents within the time frame specified by you when you first sent it

I'm a tad baffled to be honest, I thought after reading your other thread that Next still owned the debt and that IJ were just the monkeys they hired to retrieve it....but if that's the case, surely they would not use their in-house solicitors

Intrum Justitia are after me for an old debt, they really are ridiculous and seem to have no regard for the law

Does anyone else have any advise to offer on this?? I've heard of delay tactics, but never heard of DCA's returning the postal orders, nor have I heard of no one actually claiming to own the debt!

I had a small run in with iterim Justice over an alleged catologue debt with Sanders and Kay ltd.

I took Sanders and Kay to court for CCA failure and obtained a CCJ against them, I also wrote to IJ advising of the court challenge they retreated at speed, They failed to comply with the CCA request. After seeing this i think its time to issue a summons - I like a laugh and £30 well spent!!!!!

They would have prove of your address and whom you are if they have taken payments. You could consider writing back and stopping payments pending confirmation of the debt. Save the monies you would normally pay though just in case!

Have you discussed the account with them?

Also if so was this over the phone?

Contact them and ask them to discuss the payment agreement, see if they accept your identity. worth while noting the call date and time and write what was said, once cleared through there security ask them why you are required to provide prove when they discussed the acocount with you. feel them splutter! Follow up in writing, if they say they need to confirm you ID yet have discussed your account they may be concerns in relation to the DPA. I would point that out to them the time stands and delay tactics will not work.

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

It really does baffle me that IJ asked for proof of your ID, when they phone me I always refuse to confirm security details with them and they ALWAYS continue the call regardless

As the last post suggests, tell them that their delay tactics wont work with you

I really hope that IJ fail to provide me with the CCA, I hate them more than I hate cottage cheese

:mad:

With you being an ally cat as well YUK to cottage Cheese LOL

We all ate umm or hate them lol

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

With you being an ally cat as well YUK to cottage Cheese LOL

We all ate umm or hate them lol

lol, I was going to say 'marmite' instead, but then I remembered I like twiglets :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

sbfido

The reason for the SAR to IJ was I have been paying Geoffrey Parker Bourne £7 per month for the last 14 years (never missed) I originally CCA GPB and got a letter back saying that my contractual liability has been embodied in a Judgement since November 1993...

I wrote back and asked them to supply documentry evidence as I did not recall this ever going ot court...I stoppped paying them in Feb..

i decided to ring Next (the original creditor) whom tell me they have never received any of my payments...the debt was passed over to IJ in July 2003 and they confirmed that NEXT had never taken me to court...

So I sent the SAR to IJ to see if there really is a CCJ

When GPB write at the top of the letter they write Next Retail v Yourself Mmmm but next did not issue a CCJ.....

Also next told me that they sent statements to GPB on Feb 13 yet in GPB letter they say "we are still waiting to hear from our clients regarding the CCA" but they have the statements....also if there was a CCJ then a CCA request is useless as the creditor (in this case) Next have already proved the debt...so why did GPB ask Next in the first place when supposedly there is a CCJ

I am not scared of these Sum Bags, just want to know what I have been paying for the last 14 years....they have had a lot of money......

nannamoon

Never ever send proof of you identity to these people. You have sent a legal request to them which they must comply with. If after 12+2 days for a CCA or 40 days for a CCA they are in default and legally you can stop paying them as the account is in dispute. IJ are merely using this as a delaying tactic. They know the law and are abusing it. They are happy to accept your details when threatening you so let them accept them now. Its not up to you to prove your id but up to them to prove you actually owe them money and up to them to prove they have a right to claim it. Basically tell them to prove it or leave you alone. Whether you choose to be as polite as me is up to you

I decided to ring IJ as I wanted to see if what information I could get from them....LOL

This sweet little boy, told me my account had been passed to Geoffrey Parker Bourne (I know the account is there as I have been paying htem for 14 years & they tell me that there was a CCj issued in November 1993, but cannot provide me with documentary evidence)

I asked him if he didn't have my account then on what grounds was he still processing my data.....he kept saying do you want the telephone number or not...I am not going to be abused :D (I was very polite) I asked why had they not wrote to me and informed me that the account had been passed over to GPB...I said I had never had anything in writing...this is the best bit...he said what if we wrote to you and the letter got lost in the post.... I said its a shame my payments over the last 14 years don't get lost in the post...he slammed the phone down..

I rang back...

went through the same process....to be told the account had been passed to GPB, when questioned when did this happened was told 12/04/07 I then said if the account had only been passed to GPB on 12/04/07 then then why had I been paying GPB for the last 14 years...she said in that case your account has been passed to GOLD SOLICITORS whom are IJ new in house solicitors...she gave me a telephone number...when asked her for the address she replied we don't have one....I said, thats strange they are your in house solicitors yet you do not have an address that I can write to...

But yet IJ returned my SAR and asked me to prove my identity & send it to IJ in Liverpool....

This is driving my mad.....

This whole debt is driving my mad,

Haha! They really are a joke aren't they

I go to uni in Liverpool, think I might hand deliver all my letters to IJ...you know just in case they get 'lost in the post' :p

Do as ODC said Nanna, just leave them to send you the docs, I wouldn't bother phoning IJ anymore, they have some serious issues when it comes to being honest

I'd love to know where they find the clowns that work for this company but I'm guessing that basic motor skills are not a requirement when they hire

allykat,

they cannot send me anything as they sent the Postal Order back with the SAR letter asking for me to prove my Identity....

I would just not do anything...but apparently according to Geoffrey Parker Bourne (this thread)Solicitors Letter Received a CCj was issues on my own admission 14 years ago..however Geoffrey Parker Bourne have keep ignoring the request for them to prove that there was a CCJ and just write back saying that my contractual liability has been emboided in a Judgement since November 2003....Hence the reason to IJ for the SAR...

I stopped paying GPB in Februry....my concerns are I have no idea if there was a CCJ or not...14 years ago is a long time LOL...I did ring Next (the original creditor) whom tell me they have NEVER taken me to court and that in July 2003 they handed the debt over to IJ....Next also confirmed that they DO NOT RECEIVE and HAVE NEVER received any of my payments...

I really need to find out...

I have rang experian....do not keep records longer that 6 years

Rang the Court where GPB claims the CCJ was Issued....they have no records as it was over 6 years ago....

As we all know that if there is a CCJ then it can be enforced...but I cannot seem to establish anything from anyone:mad:

It doesn't matter that they returned the money you sent for the SAR, you still requested the docs and they still have to send them....other DCA's have done this with other people, but your initial request still stands, the clock is still ticking! If they don't respond then they are completely in the wrong

The SAR is the only way now (I think) for you to find out if there ever was a CCJ and also to know where the money has been going.

You should have been sent a letter when IJ were first assigned to collect the money on behalf of Next, but I realise this isn't always the case.

If I was you I would be inclined to send the SAR to next since you have not lost the original £10 as IJ returned it. IJ will still have commited an offence (I may stand corrected on this) if they do not reply to your request in the time specified, but as you are unsure who owns the debt then maybe sending the SAR to next is the best thing to do. After all, when you spoke to them they still had your account details didn't they? So I can only assume they still own it

I'd keep everything in writing so you have proof of everything that's going on. Personally I'd rather roll around in pig sh** than speak to anyone at IJ :p

allykat,

today was the first time I have ever spoken to them in the 14 years LOL

even when I needed a new payment book I just sent the request slip....

I am not scared of either GPB, or IJ...they are just a pile of SH** as far as I am concerned....

The DPA does say that the Data can ask you to prove your Identity, so as much as I hate to admit...they are correct...but as we all say...most companies i.e the banks are more than happy to oblige with the request without asking you to prove your Identity...

i decided to ring Next (the original creditor) whom tell me they have never received any of my payments...the debt was passed over to IJ in July 2003 and they confirmed that NEXT had never taken me to court...

Hi Nanna,

You need to get this in writing from Next... If you have told me this in a PM and I've forgotten, then just ignore me :) .

If GPB or IJ do not fully comply with the SAR and send you all data that they hold... or have ever hold on you.... then you can threaten them with court action for full disclosure. If you have a letter from Next that confirms that none of the payments have been received.... it may be enough for them to pee their pants :p .

• 2 weeks later...

ok,

I have a case at the moment perhaps someone on this thread can answer my question.

Have been paying a debt for 14 years to Geoffrey Parker Bourne Solicitors....

Did not really have a clue how much th original debt was for etc...

Sent of a CCA, got a letter back basically stating that there was a CCJ issued in 1993.... I cannot remember this ever going to court...

So I have asked in 3/4 letter to provide me with documentary evidence of the CCJ...

The replies that keep coming back totally avoid the question and just keep repeating that there was a CCJ.

I rang my local court to where the supposedly CCJ would have been issued and was told that they would and do not have any records

I stopped paying in February and the last letter I received from GPB basically stated the same a CCJ was issued in 1993 & ignores the question of please provide me with proof.

Now my question is....if they had documentry evidence they would have surely provided me with it....

They do remind me that I have been paying the debt for 14 years so I must have acknowledge the debt.

I know they can enforce the CCJ...but surely not without documentary evidence....could it be the case that if & when they enforced it they would then pop up with he evidence?

Any thoughts would be helpful....

Hi Nanna :)

So, you've been paying a debt for the last 14 years, and it appears that you don't have any court paperwork, legal notices or supporting documents to confirm what the payment is against?

Do you recall what the debt was for?, and if so, any idea what the amount might have been?

Have you been supplied with anything that gives a ccj reference number at all, or who the original creditor was?

What paperwork do you have (in total) from GPB solicitors.

Surely there must be something you can use as a reference to get court info.

Have you tried getting a copy of your credit reference file. This might highlight some information.

The most important thing is to get a ref of some sort to get the court to check it over. Maybe if you requested a SAR from GPB, this should raise all the relevant information. I think you would have to expand the wording on the SAR, I'm sure we can help with that if you require it.

This all sounds a little drawn out! Especially if the solicitors aren't complying with your legal request for information.

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.