Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Holiday was great thanks. Have returned to a mountain of work though and haven't yet got round to doing the podcast on the claim front yet.

Don't forget - my Chambers are regularly updated, and have been within the last week.

Don't forget also that if you are not claiming interest, a schedule prepared with pen, paper and calculator is just as good as a spreadsheet. :-)

[

Hi Vamp - ages ago you got me going on the right track after a dodgy unclear start - and hoped you could lend a hand again.

I have a court date come trhough with Barclays, and need to prepare my bundle. But it seems I am stupidly confused about how much I am claiming for....

You supplied me with a spread sheet format with two pages.

1st page has 2 columns (charges/ interest)

2nd page has 4 columns (penalty charged/8% on penalty/interst on penalty/ 8% interest on penalty)

I am really confused about how the amounts add up....

thanks - I feel a bit dumb, and can't remember what i put in my claim.....

J

Did you keep a copy? You can request a copy from the court of the one you filed there.

Did you email me a copy? If so, email me again, so that I have your address and I'll look up my archived emails.

[

F.A.O Vampiress

I've created a modified version of your original Excel spreadsheet for calculating charges with interest. Basically all I've done, is trawled through a lot of the comments and questions on this thread, and added comments boxes that pop up and hopefully answer a lot of the questions raised. Hopefully this could save yourself a lot of time answering peoples questions, and also save others from having to trawl around for answers? I would love it if I could send it to you somehow for your approval, and then post it somehow? Unfortunately I only have (and familiar with) Excel, perhaps a similar thing could be added to other spreadsheet formats?

Gmail addy in sig. ;-)

[

OK I need some help now ... Vampiress - on the spreadsheets when you are entering charges & interest on the lines etc - should you only put an entry line for interest on the months where there has been a charge OR should you enter each & every interest detail monthly from the claim date to the current date??

I had a major brainwave lastnight when I was getting up thin the early hours to see to my poorly lil girl! I got to thinking about my spreadsheets (as u do!! :| ) and now I've propa confused myself as to whether I've done my sheets right or not .... Pleaseput my confused mind straight & tell me how exactly I should have gone about this

Cheers in advance :D

Sorted by PM. Chetz is now educated, aren't you?;):D

[

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to print off my spreadsheet, I keep getting bits of it !!! Do I have to change something ? if so, how?

Google is a little awkward for printing. Have you tried exporting to Excel to use it, or pdf to print?

You might need to resize some columns, or set your printer to print landscape.

I hope Google change this. It's my one moan about it.:(

[

Hello Mrs Phatram. Pleased to meet you. Sounds like you're having some fun.

If you export from Google, the formula need typing in manually. Amend the spreadsheet in Google, then re-export to print.

Don't delete any formulae.

Hope that helps.

[

For those following my Chambers, please see new ones recently added for claims for interest on consolidated loans relating to charges.

I won't be around much to advise, so if some of you can help I'd appreciate it. It's pretty self-explanatory and I've put some notes in my guide.

Good luck folks, Happy Christmas. x

[

Hi Bill,

Im using Vamipress's complex spreadsheet. In it she states:

'The caclulations do not compound the interest, i.e. interest on previous unlawfully charged interest has not been included'

Looking at the formula, it just sums each day's interest rather than compounding it. I was just curious as to why we use this approach?

Statutory interest by law cannot be compunded. However, if you want to use contractual interest then you can compound it.

I've many versions of calculating interest in my Chambers. These are Google spreadsheets.

Did I really mis-spell calculations!!!! :rolleyes:

[

praps I ought to be the 1st to ask for your autograph whilst ur in the twilight of your career & still have the time ... could you send me a signed piccie!? :p:rolleyes:

(Could be worth a fortune on e-bay in a year or two!)

I actually considered putting the cloak on ebay. I still have it.

This is a Bear Garden thing for another day though. I'm off to bed. If you can raise cash for a good cause for it - you can have it.:D

[

• 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

[

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks