Bank charges exceed Small claims limit!

pams1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have gone through the processes of claiming back my bank charges and am at the stage of taking BOS to the small claims court in Glasgow. However, my amount exceeds the £750 limit for the small claims under Scottish law. Can anyone help me with what I do next? My amount is £1600 and I'm a poor jobless student so can't afford a lawyer!

Help!

Hi Pam, you could use a summary cause action, exactly the same procedure as small claims, except you have to pay an extra £30 for the sheriff officers to issue the summons. The limit for this is £1500 + any interest you are claiming. There are a couple of minor differences between the two, but i claimed using both and was succesful both times!!

You could always issue several small claims, 1 after another, but this takes longer.

Good luck and any more questions let me know

S

sorry it took three months,no help from these forums ,they tell you to search threads ,basic advice ,dont harrass the bank ,let them get a chance to make you an offer,AND CLAIM ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE CHARGES

Also took me three months, with a lot of help from this site. I can honestly say I would never even tried to get my cash back without the help from people on this site. Its a SELF help site which means yes, you have to do most of the work yourself !!! Javord if you are so unimpressed by the people on this site why are you still on it ? The recent posts by yourself are all negative. Oh and did you make a donation. There are thousands of people out there to whom this site is a godsend.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert