CarCRAFTY Bar Stewards.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately from what you have described with regard to the water and oil mixing, it sounds as if the head gasket has blown.

Don't know what it would cost to replace though, sorry.

I would seek advice from CAB, see if there is anything you can do to force them to carry out the work.

Either that or write letters threatening court action if they do not get the work done, you never know.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

I purchased a car from lookers a few years ago, I was told by the sales man that the car could not have had more than 2 owners or they would not have it in their stock, I was also told the car had a 120 point check and full mot the day before i collected it, the day after a collected it the exhaust fell off. and then when the log book arrived it showed the car had had 5 previous owners. I wrote to Lookers and demanded the compensate me for the obvious loss of value in the car, it took quiet a few letters but in the end, they paid for the new exhaust gave me a £800 refund and also a major service.

And I'm just a stupid woman:)

i went into carcraft today looking for a vehicle to use as a runabout for business. i chose a vectra cdti which was priced at 13995. afterchecking the car's value with various motor traders who i know and with vauxhall, the retail value was established as being 12k. so they were asking 2k above retail book.

i neg the price down to 12,250, an acceptable price for the car. then the finance side. Carcraft offered me a flat rate of 7% which i was unhappy with as i have recently bought my wife a new car at a flat rate of 4.5%.

they told me that the best rate they could do was 7% as they had dropped the price of the car. i agreed, supplied my details and awaited the results of my credit check.

i am extremely up to date with contents of my credit file and subscribe to both equifax and experian who keep me up to date with any changes to my files. I have a good rating.

Carcraft said that i had been declined by 7 out of 8 companies applied to and that they had got me accepted at a flat rate of 11% (23% apr).

i flipped.

to cut a long story short, after lots of internet based investigation-

carcraft are actually selling sub prime finance, they make there profit from selling expensive insurances and expensive sub prime finance, not to mention that all of there cars are thousands over book value.

they do not offer prime finance.

they lied to me by saying that i have been declined by 7 companies trying to get me to accept a high interest rate finance agreement.

there are pages and pages of complaints about the above on the net.

surely what they are doing is ilegal. i checked my credit ratings when i got home and they remain unchanged.

the av joe who walks in will almost certainly be caught out by there high finance rates and expensive cars and insurance's.

surely this must be ilegal? any thoughts?