Private Pensions??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Approx 13 years ago I was advised to 'opt out' of the NHS superannuation scheme and to start paying into a personal pension. Due to changes in personal circumstances (mainly lack of funds) I stopped paying into this and it was frozen. I have now been told that I can claim from them and have my current pension boosted by the equivalent of what I lost by leaving the NHS which was a better pension to start with. Problem is I don't have any idea of how to contact them. It was with General Portfolio who now no longer exist. If anyone has any idea who they were taken over by I would be grateful. Thanks

Guest Lueeze

I found this on the DWP site.....

Pension Tracing Service

Why trace a pension scheme?

If you think you may have an old pension, but are not sure of the details, the Pension Tracing Service can usually help by tracing it for you.

It can be easy, for instance, if you have changed jobs a number of times through your working life to have lost contact with a previous employer and their pension scheme.

The Pension Tracing Service has access to a database of over 200,000 occupational and personal pension schemes and can be used, free of charge, to search for a scheme.

We may be able to provide you with an up-to-date contact address for a pension scheme and you can then use this information to contact the pension provider to pursue any financial entitlement.

If you would like us to trace a pension scheme for you, phone 0845 6002 537 (Textphone 0845 3000 169) for an application form or complete our online form. Or write to us at:

Pension Tracing Service

The Pension Service

Tyneview Park

Whitley Road

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE98 1BA

Maybe this helps?

Lou x

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks