HSBC Advice Needed

pearsoncdw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I could do with some advice here.

I have received a letter from the HSBC in relation to charges I have asked to be reimbursed.

Below is the written wording from the HSBC in the letter they sent me:

Dear Mr

You Reference: xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx

Thank you for you letter dated 17th December 2006 requesting a refund of your bank charges of £877.88 passed during the last year.

In circumstances where you would like us to make a oayment from you account that would, if met by us, lead to your account going overdrawn or over an agreed overdraft limit, we have to consider whether to make this payment. A fee is payable for this service provided by the bank, details of which are clearly set out in our published price list. The circumstances in which the fee will aply are clearly set out in our Personal Banking terms and conditions which you have already been provided with. If your claim for a refund proceeded to Court, we therfore believe we would successfully resist any lgal challenge in relation to these fees.

We are, however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may incur in realtion to such a claim. For those commerical reasons alone, and without any admission of liability whatsoever, we are prepared to make a payment to you for the sum of £700.00 in full and final settlement of this matter. This represents our offer of the charges applied up to 21st December 2006.

We note that you have added "interest" to your request for a refund. We do not accept this is appropriate and therefore our offer of a refund does not include any interest.

It goes on, about if i want to accept it. Also if some of the cahrges have been paid and the account went back into credit once a deposit went in can I ask for those particular charges back to me personally as these have been paid but others will have to go on to the bank account as these are outstanding charges?

Do I accept it or reject and go to court? What is everyones opinion?

hi

it all depends if what they are offering is acceptable to you or not really. i presume that you got the offer from a 'prelim letter', asking to refund your charges from an initieal letter. you are lucky, most don't get any response at all.

if you are not happy with the offer, then go on to the next stage, lba, asking for your full entitlement or you'll take them to court.

all the best with it

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!