style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I Have the unfortunate visit of these blood-sucking vampires coming at one point... i know my rights, but i feel like it'ls be useless telling them that after the last story about the butch female bailif threatening to kick a door in!

I too, will be on my own, as my partner works very long hours, with a two yr old, and i may record the conversation actually to proove if any comments are made like that ill have it to back it up.

Shall i not answer the door or just tlk to them?

Also, is £80 a visit an unlawful charge, ive read a little bit about the charges?

thank you

I Have the unfortunate visit of these blood-sucking vampires coming at one point... i know my rights, but i feel like it'ls be useless telling them that after the last story about the butch female bailif threatening to kick a door in!

I too, will be on my own, as my partner works very long hours, with a two yr old, and i may record the conversation actually to proove if any comments are made like that ill have it to back it up.

Shall i not answer the door or just tlk to them?

Also, is £80 a visit an unlawful charge, ive read a little bit about the charges?

thank you

Hi and welcome, it really is best to start your own thread so that more people can come along and help with advice, if you can give as much info as poss it will help a great deal.

• 2 months later...

I have had the most awful experience with Chandlers of Bromley today,

i missed a payment , purely because I just couldnt afford to pay it.

Chandlers arrived at my house left a note with the intention of removal of goods. I called them they basically told me , there coming to my house to seize my goods.

I offered to find the money and make the missed payment, the guy basically said to me No. I have also been charged £125.00 for there visit.

Im going out of my mind with worry, :sad:

Hi suzanne and welcome.

If you start a new thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168

you will attract plenty of help I'm sure.

Please note that it isn't only us - the willing to help - who read this forum. So please ensure that there is little in your post or username to identify you...

Best wishes

Rae

• 4 months later...

i had these demanding £200 a month off me for £2000 debt whilst i was on benafits

i paid it for 3 months then just couldnt afford it with 2 children

then got the usual letter we are coming to get ur stuff

i contacted the council and they agreed to freeze the account and let me pay £45 a month

the bailliff that came to collect the goods read the letter from the council i explained that we were on benafits and he agreed we had been

treated unfairly

i guess i was just lucky compared t most on this site

contact your council they will say they cant do anything but clearly as my case shows they can just be civil but firm you want them to freeze the account and they will send the new offer from themselfs after all they instructed the bailiffs the can call them off

good luck

i had these demanding £200 a month off me for £2000 debt whilst i was on benafits

i paid it for 3 months then just couldnt afford it with 2 children

then got the usual letter we are coming to get ur stuff

i contacted the council and they agreed to freeze the account and let me pay £45 a month

the bailliff that came to collect the goods read the letter from the council i explained that we were on benafits and he agreed we had been

treated unfairly

i guess i was just lucky compared t most on this site

contact your council they will say they cant do anything but clearly as my case shows they can just be civil but firm you want them to freeze the account and they will send the new offer from themselfs after all they instructed the bailiffs the can call them off

good luck

Welcome to CAG

Well done for getting it sent back to council you were very lucky