UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never replied to any letters from Rossendales collect, but in the early days I wrote several letters to UKPC because I felt I needed to. Total waste of time!!

it's now been 3 weeks since the debt people threated me with a visit - 'in the next few days'. In my experience never respond to the parking company or any of their henchmen. If you really feel that you need to write someone then write to your MP.

Here is the response I got from the shadow transport minister....

Your e-mail to Rt Hon David Cameron MP has been passed to me as the Shadow Roads Minister.

We are well aware of the widespread anxiety amongst motorists about the way that their details are sold to parking companies. Of course, if this were not the case then many of these companies would resort to clamping as a way of extricating fines, which certainly would not be an improvement on the present situation.

We are currently reviewing our policy with regard to this area and parking in general and feel that more scrutiny needs to be paid to the activities of some of these companies. If they do not comply with codes of practice and natural justice, then they ought to have access to these numbers withdrawn. We will be announcing a number of policies over the months ahead.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Goodwill MP for Scarborough & Whitby

Shadow Transport Minister

House of Commons

London SW1A 0AA

tel 020 7219 8268

fax 020 7219 8108

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course, if this were not the case then many of these companies would resort to clamping as a way of extricating fines, which certainly would not be an improvement on the present situation.

One word: Scotland.

I have never replied to any letters from Rossendales collect, but in the early days I wrote several letters to UKPC because I felt I needed to. Total waste of time!!

it's now been 3 weeks since the debt people threated me with a visit - 'in the next few days'. In my experience never respond to the parking company or any of their henchmen. If you really feel that you need to write someone then write to your MP.

Here is the response I got from the shadow transport minister....

Your e-mail to Rt Hon David Cameron MP has been passed to me as the Shadow Roads Minister.

We are well aware of the widespread anxiety amongst motorists about the way that their details are sold to parking companies. Of course, if this were not the case then many of these companies would resort to clamping as a way of extricating fines, which certainly would not be an improvement on the present situation.

We are currently reviewing our policy with regard to this area and parking in general and feel that more scrutiny needs to be paid to the activities of some of these companies. If they do not comply with codes of practice and natural justice, then they ought to have access to these numbers withdrawn. We will be announcing a number of policies over the months ahead.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Goodwill MP for Scarborough & Whitby

Shadow Transport Minister

House of Commons

London SW1A 0AA

tel 020 7219 8268

fax 020 7219 8108

Does the shadow transport minister not even acknowledge they cannot be fines?

As if by magic the next instalment from Rossendales arrives! This time they have changed the format, quite why I don't know. It's one of those security envelopes like a wage slip that you have to fold along the lines and tear the perforations, it looks like this...

Outstanding Amount: £135.00

WARNING - YOUR CREDIT RATING COULD

BE SERIOUSLY AFFECTED

You WILL be VISITED by a DEBT COLLECTOR

PHONE IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID ACTION - WE

ARE HERE TO HELP

I've stopped LAUGHING now, the NEW format looks more like JUNK mail,...

hang on a sec,... it IS Junk mail:-D

Hello good people at CAG,

I've just found your forum after receiving a parking ticket from UKPC. I live on a private estate and all of the parking bays outside of my house were taken. I went to the neighbouring block (which is still part of the estate) and parked overnight. I received the notification of unauthorised parking on the pseudo official ticket. I noticed there was no warden number. I have been cited for my vehicle being parked in an unauthorised area and for not displaying a valid permit. Furthermore the address for the contravention is not accurate (stating it was at a further adjoining block). There is no placard at the site of the supposed contravention although there are two nearby at other bays. They do not state that a valid permit is needed. They state at the bottom of the ticket that they will be contacting the DVLA for my details.

Where do I stand? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

McZ

that is exactly what the PPCs want you to believe. If they had a solid case against people they would issue real court papers all day long as they would be guaranteed to win (if they had a case). But they don't do that do they. Its just a mail based [problem]. (which reminds me I must look up the regs about abuse of the mail system, maybe some more that can be added to "the problems that PPCS face". already quite a list that, how many of of those regs are broken by the PPC playing you ?

Hi guys received another letter today from the people at roxburgh re my parking ticket 29th may 2008, i wrote to them 2 weeks ago telling them that i was not paying and to stop sending me letters also statinng that the ticket was issued where there were no parking signs, and i would be very ahppy to see them in court with my photographic eveidence. There reply was that the ticket was left on the windscreen of my car and that they would get the parking attendant to give evidance in court it made me laugh how long will they continue to try and get money ? ( keep on trying boys )

Where do I stand? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You're about to be deluged with a tirade of letters demanding that you pay the parking company, each subsequent letter will increase the amount, and the people writing to you will change from the parking company, to debt collectors and possibly even a solicitor (but usually sent by the same debt collector). Once you don't pay up or respond, things get quiet again unless the 'debt' is sold on.

As you'll see from others in this thread no NOT respond, negotiate, appeal or in any way give credence to their claim. The ONLY thing you should respond to is a court summons (easily spotted) and you can defend at this stage, but the chanced of that happening are minimal to non-existant.

Don't use words like 'contravention', this doesn't apply to contract law, and you would have to have agreed to their parking terms before they are enforceable. As I assume you didn't, sit tight, and enjoy the ride.

• 3 weeks later...

See #684.

They've invested a lot of time and effort in intimidating you, so they're not going to give up easily... especially if they think they're wearing you down.

Just place the letter in the folder with all the others.

The ONLY letter you need to respond to is one requiring you to attend court - and you only respond to the court, denying the claim. As it costs them £50 to get the court action moving (and with no guaranee of success) the chances of this happening are minimal.

The famous SEVEN days till hell letter. It's all hot air carefully worded to scare the crap, or should I say money, out of you.

Between the lines, it is saying, you haven't paid the [problem] costs yet. *IF* they were able to take you to court, these things *MIGHT* happen. But the thing is, they won't because they don't have any legal obligation to obtain that money unless a court gives them the right, which they won't, and hence they don't...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks