UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi i have just joined this group because i just received a parking notice from ukpc at the block of flats where i live. I parked up and stayed in the car, to pick up my girlfriend, and i was ticketed he put it on the back window and ran because he was aware of me.

I am really annoyed with this and have decided i am not taking this from ukpc. There are also many inaccurasies in the ticket being issued.

Firstly the parking notice ticket said i was violating parking at 16.30 when i left the car park at least five minutes before and he put down that the car was a hyundai matiz which doesn't exist.

I have received the certification letter aswell but i find that there is a photo attached with the charge and you can only just see there is a driver within the car also the make and model of the car which leads me to believe that he wrote the ticket in his vehicle and then walked up to the car with the charge and photoraphed my car as well putting the ticket to reduce time so i didn't get out of the car and approach him. The certificate is completely different to the notice with the time of which the "offence" happened is in the certificate is 16.35.

How can they issue tickets that have many inaccuracies with there information?

Agreed - it is only a request to pay, an 'invoice' if you like. Don;t believe for a moment this has the same legal standing as a 'proper' parking ticket, which is what they are doing their very vest to imitate.

As you weren't even parked, the issuing of the invoice was unacceptable, and in the unlikeley event of it coming to court you have an absolute defence, but we all know that it will never come to that.

You will recieve more letters, all carefully crafted to bully you into paying. Ignore them, but file them away for possible future use. You ONLY have to respond to a letter from the Court, and NOTHING else.

Relax, and just laugh when each missive arrives from them....

The PPCs use the excuse of "reasonable cause" to access DVLA records.

more information here: How to request information from DVLA records

There is a template letter on the pepipoo site which allows registered keepers to review any V888/3 requests made on their vehicle, without having to pay any fee. This information details the PPC making the request [sometimes not the same one as has issued the ticket], landowner details and any contractual arrangements.

Ok so how would that be useful for me? and sorry I think I meant v888/2

You can find out who has used this ploy to get your details, as BB points out. However, reading your original letter to the landlord (threatening everything from your MP to the police) it loses a lot of credibility. It is often construed that by threatening these things, the punter is hoping the bluff and bluster will result in the dispute being resolved. Why give them the heads up? Do all these things, but for goodness sake don;t tell them about it in advance. As soon as the queries from these agencies start rolling in they'll know you mean business.

PS The police won't be interested, as harassment for debt (whether real or imagined) gived them a wide latitude and the fuzz won't be involved until you get close to public disorder. Mentioning it gives the impression of desperation, and you don't want this.

you det the ICO registration used, the real address of the PPC (P O box addresses not allowed). evidence of contract with the landowner - often it isn't the landowner hence PPC not acting lsgally. When it is landowner the contract never seems to empower PCC as agent. so they fail again. sometimes it show the request was from a different company than the PPC...

You continue to use terms that are not relevant; 'jurisdiction' is inappropriate as they have no legal standing in much the same way a private security firm doesn't either. Similarly 'tickets' are simply invitations to pay - invoices, if you like. It is only your non-payment of these that on occasion may force them to risk collecting the money va the courts - but they have no greater guarantee of success than any other trader.

Hi all have been researching this quite alot since I had my seventh this this week in the space of 2 weeks.

I read on a website that for a one off payment to a solicitor that they can get this people off your backs for good, quite handy for me as where I live I get them almost daily?

Anyone have any advice on that, or is that a [problem] itself lol?

Depends what the 'one off' fee is - but lets face it, they're always going to write to YOU, not your nominated agent as it is you they want to wear down and pressure. A solicitor (or firm sending letters from one) may achieve the desired effect, but unless there are confirmed guarantees that the demand letters will stop, I'd save the money and put it towards your next holiday in the sun.

the more they send you the more evidence you have of their transgressions. and that it is their standard way of doing business, not a one off mistake by them. the more they send the less chance they have (although harder to think of a smaller number than zero).

Well I was planning to use them as like I say I had my seventh one this week and just feel that perhaps the more they give me the more chance it will go to court?

I'd say quite the opposite. Letters are cheap - they can keep up the pressure and you cave in.... assuming you take them seriously. What makes you think they pay any attention to someone else writing on your behalf - and for a fixed fee, do you think THEY will take UKPC to court for harassing you? I'd think not. At the end of the day it is only a letter...and they've only sent you an invoice. If you don't agree with the charge, don't pay it - this is your right!

Ok thanks for the advice. The current state of play for me is that my landlord have told me they are sending me a permit, but at the moment ive been waiting over two weeks. So I contacted them today and they said the management company are in charge of parking so they are waiting for them. I feel like im the ball in a table tennis court, and the bottom line being they are trying to stall giving me one! I have many thoughts why they wont, but in the meantime the UKPC is happy to keep giving me tickets

As far as I can tell its UKPC doing it, I asked to see the ticket officers ID and he produced a UKPC ID badge, although he wasnt wearing a uniform, he was parked up in a disabled person space up on a kerb, for the majority of the night dishing these tickets out!

I have just received another letter with a picture of a front windscreen of a car with a parking ticket on the front window because i said i was in the car the "offence" occured. they are alleging this is my car and because of this i should pay the fine. I am guessing the letters are going to be ever more increasing treats???

Also i think dinate should photograph the blokes car un attended in the disabled parking place and get some friends to clamp it. ukpc obviously don't own the car park so they shouldn't be taking up valueable disabled places.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks