Problems with MoneyClaim - FAQ Suggestion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

The FAQs state that 0.00022 is the multiplier to be used in an interest calculation (as seen in the spreadsheet)... as a multiplier of 1 gives 100%, you need to multiply that 0.00022 by 100 to get the percentage rate, surely? i.e. 0.022% per day. I think it would be helpful to note this in the FAQ... I used to be quite bright at Maths but the fear of doing something wrong on the MoneyClaim site struck me dumb for quite a while!

Also related to the MoneyClaim site, I found it very difficult to convert your 'non template' section http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=634 into something that would fit within the line limits of the MoneyClaim site, especially once the S69 stuff had been added. In particular, what MoneyClaim does not tell you is that the form will be rejected if you use up more than 24 lines on its form - its got nothing to do with how many times you press enter! Really annoying.

As a suggestion, I managed to squeeze the folllowing text into the box:

The claimant has had an account XXXXXXXX with the Halifax Plc since XXXX, which is run on their standard terms and conditions. The claimant is claiming £XXX.XX taken by the defendant in the way of charges over the last 6 years. The bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15 The bank has been asked to justify their charges but they have declined to do so. The claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from the date of each chargeto 5th May 2006 of £XXX.XX and also interestat the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier repayment at a daily rate of 0.022%.

The limiting factor was the number of lines it used up in the box, not the number of characters (which was a limit the way I worded it originally). The limits really would have been blown if I had had to put 'National Westminster blah blah' instead of 'Halifax Plc'!!!

Nij

Halifax £744 - Letter 1 sent 22/3 - no response

Letter 2 (LBA) sent 7/4

Standard Response Letter rcvd 7/4

Phone call rcvd 24/4 - offered £308 CONDITIONALLY - awaiting confirmation letter

27/4 - Conditional offer letter rcvd for £308

Case created on MoneyClaim 4/5

Halifax notes an intention to defend claim 10/5

23/5 - Some cash appears in account!

Settled, and ceased court action

and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier repayment at a daily rate of 0.022%.

The daily figure needs to calculate as a figure of money per day.

eg. ...at a daily rate of £0.55.

• Confused 1

The limits really would have been blown if I had had to put 'National Westminster blah blah' instead of 'Halifax Plc'!!!

You can refer to your bank as the "defendant" - even shorter than "Halifax plc".

The daily figure needs to calculate as a figure of money per day.

You're quite right that it makes more sense to do it as a daily rate! I certainly did not spot that was an 'option' when filling in the form... and it certainly helps me to understand why the template text for the S69 text did not provide a daily (interest) rate itself.

Nij

Letter 2 (LBA) sent 7/4

Phone call rcvd 24/4 - offered £308 CONDITIONALLY - awaiting confirmation letter

I'm really worried. I filed with moneyclaim yesterday but did not find the details to enter in the partciulars until this morning. What i wrote was really rubbish - it did not spell out the details of the alleged breach other than to say along the lines of "the claimant claims £X plus interest of £X for the unlawful deduction of bank charges made between Xth September 2000 and 17th May 2006". Will this suffice or should i attempt to do something about it?

I'm really worried. I filed with moneyclaim yesterday but did not find the details to enter in the partciulars until this morning. What i wrote was really rubbish - it did not spell out the details of the alleged breach other than to say along the lines of "the claimant claims £X plus interest of £X for the unlawful deduction of bank charges made between Xth September 2000 and 17th May 2006". Will this suffice or should i attempt to do something about it?

Is there any update on this post?

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Nij

Letter 2 (LBA) sent 7/4

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks