petition against banks sharing data

midge61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have not been around for a while due to familly issues. I am a subscriber to www.annualcreditreport.co.uk which allows you to see an online credit report for free once you register. They then send out monthly news letters. In todays were two things I thought would interest everybody;

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap plans to allow the banks to share bank account details with others, without getting permission from individual account holders first. More details

Submitted by Richard Goedegebuur – Deadline to sign up by: 09 January 2008 – Signatures: 742

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/bankdatasharing/

The Government proposes to allow the banks to share details of 33 million bank accounts with others, without the need for the banks to get the permission of individual account holders first.

We believe this to be fundamentally wrong, and breaches the privacy of consumers. It goes against the common law principles of banking confidentiality, data protection laws, and article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights.

2,As we celebrate the beginning of 2007, we’re certainly not nursing any hangovers here at annualcreditreport.co.uk. The 2nd of January saw the launch of the National Identity Theft Assistance Centre – NITAC, available on annualcreditreport.co.uk.

Based on the guidelines laid down by the National Consumer Council, NITAC is the only free, Internet and telephone-based service of its kind in the UK. The service does not cost you a thing and can help prevent you from becoming a victim of ID Theft, or reduce the impact should you become a victim. There is no need to spend up to £100 per year on hyped-up subscription services.

Hope this is of use

Midge