any northern rock cases out there

N#1N#2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All

I am looking for people with previouse experinces with the norther rock bank.

a long story short the bank have asked for the judgement by default to be set aside, in my case and one other they have used the same argument in there defence.

1. paperwork lost in the system and the time elapsed before they found it
  2. real case of defending the original cliam

So i am looking for more objective evidence that the bank are trying to pull the wool over the courts by using the same standard letter as part of there objections

Any help post me, only have until monday as i need to send some information to the courts

Many thanks

Hello and welcome,

Have a look in the Northern Rock Forum, someone in there will help you out.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

I served MCOL 16th Jan. Tomorrow (Sunday) is their last day to defend and they haven't. Presumably they can't at the weekend anyway because they only work m-f.

Today (Sat) I received a standard letter in reply to my 2nd Jan letter where I had told them I would be going ahead with court action on 16th Jan.

I assume I will get judgement by default and they will do the same as they have with you and a few others. I think mebbe we ought to let the courts know that they do this with everyone.

thehomee

thanks for the response, so on monday you will through MCOL apply for a judgement by default??

I presume that the northern rock have not responded to the court letter??

I have read on in some cases its adviceable to leave it another seven days then ask the northern rock why they have not responded, and try and get your money that way.

I did not and they are asking the courts to set aside the default judgment due in court next monday

But being selfish i am interested if they respond along the lines paperwork lost in there system and they feel they can defend, as they will then prove it is a common theme with the northern rock as i am aware of at least one other case like this.

I was going to go online tomorrow and apply for judgement by default. They have not responded in any way to the court action.

I have posted the latest in my other thread (sorry, don't know how to link to it) and await advice from some of the more seasoned members!

the homee

Response from norther rock after my email and the draft court bundle

Dear Mr Berry,

Thank you for your email dated 4 February 2007, I am however, not in a position to comment on decisions made in relation to other banking institutions.

In relation to Northern Rock plc's application to set aside judgment in default, and having now had a chance to consider Northern Rock plc's draft defence, please advise as to whether you will provide your consent to default judgment being set aside prior to the hearing on Monday 12 February 2007.

I look forward to receiving your response.

so I am going to ask for my money then they can have the judgement set aside (otherwords they settle in full)

• 1 month later...