Letter received today from RBS re: my Natwest Case about OFT

kellyjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to the Company Secretary at Natwest HO requesting all charges on my husbands account be returned, amounting to £2000. This morning I received this letter and today is 2 weeks to the day I allowed them timewise to return all charges, trying to be cute no doubt!

Dear Mr Wildsmith,

Re: account no: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter received on the 16th February 2006

The OFT is currently in discussions with us and 7 other major credit card companies about the level of credit card administration charges. Whilst the OFT on 26th July 2005 expressed the provisional view that the level of these charges needs to be reduced in order to be fair, this view is only a provisional view and was formed on the basis of the information which the OFT had before it at that point in time and it is one that ourselves and the 7 other credit card companies concerned do not share.

We believe that our administration charges are fair and we are committed to sharing the transparency of those charges. Accoringly we do not consider that any refund of the charges is due.

Yours sincerely,

Kay Standidge

Solicitor

Kellyjo

I wrote to the Company Secretary at Natwest HO requesting all charges on my husbands account be returned, amounting to £2000. This morning I received this letter and today is 2 weeks to the day I allowed them timewise to return all charges, trying to be cute no doubt!

Dear Mr Wildsmith,

The OFT is currently in discussions with us and 7 other major credit card companies about the level of credit card administration charges. Whilst the OFT on 26th July 2005 expressed the provisional view that the level of these charges needs to be reduced in order to be fair, this view is only a provisional view and was formed on the basis of the information which the OFT had before it at that point in time and it is one that ourselves and the 7 other credit card companies concerned do not share.

We believe that our administration charges are fair and we are committed to sharing the transparency of those charges. Accoringly we do not consider that any refund of the charges is due.

Yours sincerely,

Kay Standidge

Solicitor

Kellyjo

Amazing letter.

An admission that they have received advice from the OFT and that they and the other companies together have expressly decided to ignore the advice.

They also say that they are committed to transparency - but it is transparent that they are not.

I'd be grateful for the scan and a copy - as arranged :) .

Thanks

Amazing letter.

An admission that they have received advice from the OFT and that they and the other companies together have expressly decided to ignore the advice.

They also say that they are committed to transparency - but it is transparent that they are not.

I'd be grateful for the scan and a copy - as arranged :) .

Thanks

Dear Mr Wildsmith,

Yours sincerely,

Kay Standidge

Solicitor

a-AH! That's what the one who wrote to me was talking about in the letter about "outside organisation"! It all becomes clear, or should I say "transparent"... :twisted:

Dear Mr Wildsmith,

Yours sincerely,

Kay Standidge

Solicitor

a-AH! That's what the one who wrote to me was talking about in the letter about "outside organisation"! It all becomes clear, or should I say "transparent"... :twisted:

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Kellyjo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks