• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

st24driver enters the dragons den **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right netty and tom wardrobes and bathroom suite arrived today no sign of colin in them but we are only half erected, maybe he kept out of the way today very stressed drills and screwdrivers flying around, Mrs st24 just kept laughing but stuck at it till 22.30, hopefully tommorow will be a jamacia day just chill mon :lol: :lol:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone another stressed out day fitting the wardrobes bottom corner shelf missing from delivery, ironically this would make a nice little spot for colin, of which I have recieved no reply so looks like I will be releasing the old stress on monday and pressing the submit button on mcol.

Another little incident today Mrs St24 tried to use her switch card at the cash machine but it had expired the end of Feb so she rang HSBC who informed her that they had sent a new one 20th Jan which we have not recieved and she would have to collect a replacement from a branch of her choice and bring Forms of ID blah blah blah.

Now am I reading into this wrong that they claim they posted it just before we started are claim against them or are they just trying to give us the run around who knows

it doesn't take much for the paranoia to set in.

after i did my son's claim and stuck around to help - i got so paranoid reading it all that i put a thread in the q and a section advicing people to never use their real names - even the litigation section - you put your claim no on it and claim date - and your username - it doesn't take a genius to cross reference and sit here all night reading threads and matching up claims if you are colin or dg.

i think that's probably reading one too many detective stories.

and i doubt they have time for much of it.

COLIN AND DEBS - ARE YOU WATCHING????

i'll be going for my shock treatments soon!

good luck with the wardrobe - hope it's nearly done - except for that missing shelf (isn't that typical!).

have a chilled out sunday!

I think you are more than likely correct latty but when everything has always gone smooth in the past with replacement cards it does make you think.

Should have the wardrobes completed today except for the missing shelf (typical corner bottom shelf the most awkward to get at should be fun when it arrives at 6ft 1 and 16 stone of muscle lol !! might be better giving the brother in laws mate craig a shout the dwarf )

Be glad to get back to work for a rest ready for fitting the bathroom suite at easter mind you it all passes the time while waiting for HSBC to cough up

Phew !!!! mission completed with the wardrobes except for the missing shelf and a few fiddley door handles and drawers, wonder if Colin wants the old wardrobes :D :D .

Right if no offer comes from Colin tommorow its on with the mcol, because the first two letters were from us jointly do we have to file the mcol in joint names or because either signatures will do on the joint account can it be done by either of us ? .

I put all the details ready in mcol as latty explained and got as far as the submit button, do I just press the submit button and pay the fee online and send spreadsheets of charges to the court.

cheers latty but it was originally mrs st account and became joint in 2002 and some of the charges relate to 2001 and it has been me that has been dealing with it,but would not want them to get off the hook on a technicality

OK mcol completed and filed without the support of everyone here it would feel quite daunting, but with the help and support of everyone here its just a walk in the park.

I must say a special thank you to Lateralus, Tomcody, Nettyg and Siena for your support and humour so far and anyone else that will be there to support in the future

you'll be fine st

money's on it's way real soon- just hang in there, be patient and follow the tried and tested method ok....

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

i usually say wait until the acknowledgment (usually in a couple more days) then it's 2 copies to the court and one to dg - their address will be on page 2 of the acknowl. also, on all - reference your claim number.

you would think so - but noooooo..... just watch you get a letter from colin offer 80% of your claim before court charge and interest - this is one of their little ploys - sometimes yes and sometimes no - but in your case - since he wasn't in the wardrobe - he was likely getting a letter ready for you.

You could most probably be right there latty but you know me its all the way now plus 8%, and we can afford to sit and wait now just had confirmation that endowment shortfall is on its way so just might buy some more wardrobes for the other rooms just for the hell of it, then may be not dont need any more stress lol

just get familiar with the aq process now st/tom

this is where it gets to be a long wait (after the ackowl) so get yourself familiar with the aq process now ok?

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

there you are, a bit of light reading for you. also if you download the N149 (AQ) link i'm sending, it will shed more light on how to fill it in etc

Notes for completing a small claims track allocation questionnaire - Form N149 An online PDF version of the form is HERE

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Guess what dear old Colin's sent us a letter offering 85% of the sum before interest and court costs, usual blah blah and rhubarb rhubarb rubish, and the usual without any admission or liabilty (and because we are so high and mighty).

Sorry old boy you did not stick to the timescale so its onwards and upwards as in 8% on top

Also recieved notice of issue from mcol today do I now send scale of charges to court and DG

Cheers latty will do as you say

they should give you an MBE (money back enforcer)

And if you get excited again tonight its a cold shower for you girl not a hot bath, I overlaid for work next day mind you it was worth it for the laugh :D :D :D