glav versus capital one ***WON***

glav
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yep... next stage now. . keep to your timetable, your in charge . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glav

Look at your spreadsheet of charges, change the date at the top (overtype it) and note the difference in pence per charge. This is your daily rate. You include this in your POC. Are you OK with the rest of details in your POC?

• Haha 1

Hi all,

Just trying to get my head around timescales with court claim. Lodged claim with my local county court last Friday 4th May. Received paperwork back yesterday with a form to sign to confirm that I am not claiming in any other jurisdiction. All paperwork returned to Civil Processing Centre today recorded delivery.

I don't know how long it will take to serve claim from Northern Ireland. My understanding is that once claim is served on Cap 1, they have 14 days to acknowledge, and if they acknowledge, they then have 28 days to enter a defence. Have I got this right?

Thanks

glav:)

Not sure about Northern Ireland but if it is the same as in England, it's 14 days but if they file an acknowledge of service it gives them another 14 days - so it's 28 days in total after the claim is deemed served. Hope this helps.

glav, don't worry, I used the London address but when you get the defence notice the address is actually Legal Department, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3HX. Hope this puts your mind at rest.

• Haha 1

No probs, Tanz, reassured now so can't wait to hear from court. As I am in Northern Ireland I understand it might take a bit longer, don't know how long though. Will just have to be patient! Not one of my strong points I'm afraid!!

No probs, Tanz, reassured now so can't wait to hear from court. As I am in Northern Ireland I understand it might take a bit longer, don't know how long though. Will just have to be patient! Not one of my strong points I'm afraid!!

Hi Glav

Impatience is my absolute worst fault!! You will get your money though. Cap One will say they intend to defend all of claim (Wendy Starr is their Lawyer and the Court should inform you of this in writing) You can then work out the date they should enter the defence by. My feeling is that they'll not actually do so, but send you a standard letter close to the date and pay up. Just happened to me!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement Paintball! Settlement will mean nil balance with Cap 1 !! and a nice pound or two in my pocket. Enjoy your win!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Update, letter received from court today to say that Cap one have until 3 July to respond to my claim. How long do you think it will take them?

Near to that date you will receive an acknowledgement of service, that gives cap one another 14 days, you will then receive a letter from them with their offer. All in all if they file acknowledgement of service they get 28 days, you will probably get your offer anytime from 21 days.