Help - Argument with Paypal

lavar56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I was wandering whether anyone could help me.

I've been unsuccessful in dealing with my issue with Paypal.

I purchased something for £57.11 a while back on eBay. I used my Paypal account. The problem was that they debited my bank account twice. The second charge of £57.11 failed and I was charged £35 by my bank for a failed payment.

I recieved an e-mail from Paypal apologising for taking the payment twice and crediting the second £57.11 they took back to my account. The problem of course being they didn't actually get the £57.11 they were returning.

I wrote e-mails explaining my concern with the bank charges and the fact it was their mistake and the problems that missing payments does to my financial reputation. I consistently got no response to my mails.

Eventually (two months later?) I get a postcard from NCO agency telling me someone would be calling by. This inspired me to retry e-mailing Paypal who finally replied for the first time! and told me that I had to discuss this with the debt agency as they had nothing further to do with the account. I replied saying I had no intention of discussing it with them as I disputed their was a debt - their mistake, my charges etc - the reply I recieved apologiesed for my unhappiness with their service and that they would reponsd as soon as possible to my complaint.

Today I recieve a letter through the post from some solicitors stating that unless they recieve the £57.11 in 72 hours they will start legal preceedings against me... so... this brings me to HELP!

Has anyone any advice? It would be much appreciated.

Just so that I am clear what you are saying. They refunded you £57.11 that

they didn't owe you, but you are claiming £35 for the bank charges they

cost you as a result of claiming twice for the one payment.

Have you repaid them the £22.11 difference, and if not, what are your

reasons for not doing so?

I haven't repaid anything. Although I accept that I do owe £22.

The reason for this is I have recieved no reply whatsoever from them with regards to the mistake they made and the problems I had from them. Without the dialogue I did not progress to the opportunity to agree that I pay £22.11.

In the light of possible impending legal proceedings writing is a better idea

than phoning. I suggest that you explain the situation, including your offer

to reimburse the £22.11 but state that you will strongly challenge in Court

any attempt to try and get you to repay the £57.11 in light of your expenses

and the damage to your reputation by having a payment refused.

Keep a copy of the letter in case their are Court proceedings.

The problem was that they debited my bank account twice. The second charge of £57.11 failed and I was charged £35 by my bank for a failed payment.

Did the first payment go through to them?

If it did, they owe you the £35 charged by the bank.

If it didn't, you owe them £22.50.