Ulster Bank/DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi first post and would appreciate any help.

Recieved a letter from a DCA on behalf of the Ulster Bank for an overdue bank account with the usual pls reply in 5 days. ive been reading other posts today and CCA is mentioned, whats the best plan of action?

Brief history,been on the sick since aug 2004 and recieving IB. Had a loan for the car with bank but lucky enough i had PPI (glad i ticked that box) so it was covered, but because of overdraft and bank charges the loan wasn't getting paid and put me in default and i haven't used the account since last March.

would be grateful for advice

Hi, and welcome :)

Has the DCA bought the debt from UB or are they just acting as agents? If they have bought it the following advice applies to them. If not the CCA request should be sent to UB.

Send a CCA request to the DCA for a copy of the original executed credit agreement. You must send a PO/chq for £1 with this and a template letter can be found in this site's library. They have 12 working days from receipt of this letter to send the document otherwise they are in default and cannot pursue you further while that copy has not been sent.

After a further month, if they have still not complied they will have committed a criminal offence and could be fined or imprisoned.

This will at least give you some time to consider your options.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi

Send these 2 requests by recorded delivery so you have proof of receipt. :D

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.