On a mission!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Saturday I had a wake-up call... after reading the article in the Daily Mail where an average man walked into the RBS with Debt collectors to retrieve HIS money owed. Ha Ha I thought ... I knew it! I'd always had a niggling feeling that £25 for a credit card company (£40 for a mortgage company!) hitting you for a late fee or £35 for a bank to inform you that your D/D didn't action was a farce! Right I thought .... on the internet somebody must know more about this!

Wonderful ... I found this site which I haven't been able to stop reading ever since. It's brought something to my attention...... whey hey... I've got 9 accounts including mortgage/bank/creditcard/studentloan company that I'm going to hound down. Follow me for the ride!

Just a bit of karma for the years of harrassment ... This site is just so empowering! As a self-employed single parent I've had at times an unpredictable financial situation... that's life... and these guys prey on just that type of customer. But now I'm very successful ... and have learnt a lot ... but I'll never forget the times where I dreaded lifting the phone, opening my mail, reading my statements... not to mention the emotional knock on effect. Well guys... I'm a tough cookie now... and ready to wrangle!!

However, in all fairness I must say that there is one credit card company that was extremely fair. But the rest ........ ooh they've got some karma to pay back!!!!!

Anyway hi to you all ... and thank you to everyone for contributing your knowledge and personal 'pay back' journeys....

Yesterday, I posted my first request for statements ..... round one has started! Systematically I'm going to nail each one ... I've got plenty of financial time on my hands... in no rush. Will get every last penny back - Including interest of course! Just a bit of karma...;)

Hi there and welcome, this is a great site and gives you all you need to claim. Remember you can only go back 6 years at the moment which is usually from when you first contact them so i would advise starting the older ones first, even as many as you can manage to send so you have the start date set in stone, hope this makes sense.

Hi Karma,

Welcome to the World of CAG..lol Im glad to see that you have already done a bit of reading around the site first.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily. Here’s one to start with, which you should find useful later:

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

Don’t be afraid to ask for help,, we are all in the same boat.

Good luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Wow... what a welcome! Thank you very much ... I feel like I've got the world on my side. This is a terrific site ... and only because of helpers like yourselves.

It's amazing how much I've learnt since Saturday reading this site... I've actually copy and pasted everything said on this site about my first target. No stone unturned... And yes ... I do have two old credit card accounts that I have to somehow rake up the info. They're on my experion file so that should be alright.

Once the ball is rolling I'll update in separate section....

Thanks guys...

Your welcome, they will try to put you off and basically every trick in the book will be used, but just stay focused and follow the tried and tested route and always remember this is YOUR money not theirs, good luck .

I always think treat them as they have treated you over the years.

Yeah I certainly see My lloyds bank Manager in a new light these days.. No respect for the robbing so and so..

But me thinks the feeling may be Mutual after having a go at Lloyds on Trevor McDonald..lol

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.