IF Credit Card Advice Required

NickR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to get money returned from Abbey since April 06 and finally I have a court hearing due for March 4th and it looks promising (£4000 +)

My question is regarding IF. I think it will be worthwhile starting the process with IF Credit Card but I still have an outstanding credit card balance of £3200.

If I start the claims process against them are they likely to get really nasty and demand payment in full.???

They are really screwing me into the ground with £50.00 charges each month but I cant afford to clear the balance. Therefore feel stuck in the middle as really I would like to take them to court for the money that has built up over the last 6 years.

I opened a parachute account and closed my Abbey account before claiming from them. But am unable to clear my IF credit card before starting proceeding against them.:confused:

Any advice is very much appreciated

Nick

This may be completely wrong, but I don't think banks can start legal proceedings against you if you're already starting legal proceedings against them for the same account? One for the mods...

I was in the same position with Barclaycard, but they didn't demand payment in full. What they DID do was pay the money into the Barclaycard which completely cleared it which was fine by me as it meant a debt gone away!

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

Hi Nick,

The IF Credit Card, is it still live or have they passed it onto an agency? I feel your pain, they were adding £60 a month in charges for nearly three years before they stopped and passed it to a Debt Collection Agency.

I managed to get it all taken off without going to court. I think I must have written to them 15 times because IF said I needed to speak to Halifax and Halifax said I needed to speak to IF.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170