More new debt!

Katy77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Yet ANOTHER (can you feel the tension?) debt has come to light this morning in the post that my husband cut and ran from in his previous life (I guess they found us now we've been on the electoral role for a while). It's from a debt collection agency on behalf of a Debenhams store card....£1329!!

My husband thinks that this debt would have started about 6 yrs ago. Do they get erased form your records after this long?

Anyway, we can't afford to pay it. They've got the cheek to splash 'FINAL DEMAND' on their letter but we've not even had a first demand! Please, any advice as to how to pursue would be very gratefully received.

:-x

The six year limitation starts from the last time a debt was acknowledged

[eg a payment made, a ccj registered or your husband talked about the debt to Debenhams or a debt collector] not from when the debt accoujnt was

opened.

First thing will be to get hold of his three credit files and see what is showing.

Once you know, come back and post the answer on this thread and the

next step will be advised.

The six year limitation starts from the last time a debt was acknowledged

[eg a payment made, accj registered or your husband talked about the debt to Debenhams or a debt collector] not from when the debt accoujnt was

poened.

Is that right about the CCJ? So if you had disappeared abroad for 15 years you could come back to find they have been regularly getting CCJ's against you to keep the debt going?

Not that I could afford to go abroad for 15 years :)