Pellet vs HSBC

pellet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been lurking about for a week or two, and after noticing my unauthorised overdraft fee for this month is £125, have decided to fight back. Rather than go back 6 years, i've decided to only request back the last 2 years - which still comes to the sum of £908.

Letter is being sent today - will update the thread with any further information. At latest, will post again in 15 days time!

Absolutely, why only 2 years?

It took me about an hour to go back 5 years right up to my account opening, and pushing on beyond the last 2 years netted me another £300 of charges that I hadn't even realised were there...

Worth looking into!

James

Round 1: HSBC Current account - £1050 of unlawful charges refunded before even filing my claim! (August 2006)

Round 2: HSBC Current account (again!) - £275 refunded after preliminary letter! (June 2007)

I know i know!

I'm sure if i looked i could have easily found more charges (on HSBC online banking it took about 5 mins to go back 2 years). However, it's still a fair sum of money, and if they look more fairly on my claim because i knowingly ignored 4 more years of their theft, then all to the good.

I'm of the mind that if they don't pay up, my next letter will be explaining that i'll be filing with the court for the full 6 years amount + the interest.

Well if theyd taken £900 off me in two years I'd definately want to know what theyd done over 6. So long as its below the £5k threshold (otherwise you might be liable for costs) I would definately make them pay it back. This isnt some old woman thats taken your money, its a big old nasty corporation that doesnt care about you!!! Get your dosh back!

Click links below to view threads:

Halifax £763 REFUNDED

Halifax Visa £125 REFUNDED

Amex Blue Card - £323 REFUNDED

HSBC - OFFER ACCEPTED & REFUNDED

Littlewoods - Removal of Default Notice - REFUSED

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks