Northern Rock SAR - getting hold of mortgage statements

brownie24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just called Northern Rock to find out my old mortgage account no. so that I can go about trying to reclaim fees that were added to my account over the years.

I asked the lady whether she could send me copies of all my mortgages statements/transactions or if I should put this request in writing. She told me that to get a copy of old mortgages statements this would cost me £20 per annual statement so the total charge would be £60 if I wanted to receive these!

I thought that this info was available under the Data Protection Act SAR so should only cost me £10. Can anyone confirm this?

I def don't want to be paying out £60!

Also what are Northern Rock like in general for refunding these fees? Have they paid back after prelim letters or have you had to take them to court?

Brownie24 :)

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have been trying to get 3 years of mortgage statements from Northern Rock. I have been told that it will cost me £20 per quarter which equates to £240! Can I get my statements for £10 as they seem very unwilling to accept this is all they can charge.

I sent the template letter frome this site to Northern Rock and recived all my statements from 1992 until 2005 for the standard fee of £10. I recived them from a lady called Laura Townsend although this was from the comercial finance department.

• 1 year later...

Head Office: Northern Rock House, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL

Tel:0191 285 7191

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.