Booking changes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had booked a trip to Egypt this summer but because of the recent bombings my other half doesnt want to risk taking our wee one. I called Thomas cook to say what happens to our £400 deposit. Well u have till this Friday to cancel and u lose the deposit any time after and you get a % added...........fair enuff.

Then I asked about changing the booking she said..........Its £30 to change the date going out £30 to change the date returning £30 to change the duration £30 to change country etc etc etc etc So a week In Tenerife was costing me an extra £240 just to change the booking. Is Thomas Cook now a BANK??

Surely this is a wee bit extreme and Im wondering if these charges are similar to Bank charges, any ideas????

hahahahaha...I'm sorry to laugh but it's just the way you wrote it...:D

Unfortunately I am unable to answer your question, but just wanted to let you know that you put a smile on an otherwise miserable face today :D

Guest Lueeze

Surely the best thing to do is cancel and re book once you recieve the deposit back?

LOL Tink glad i could be of help........

They are saying i will lose all of the £400 deposit if i cancel all together because the foreign office say its 'safe' to travel to Egypt and its £260 to change, either way im gonna lose!!!

The sad fact is that the situation is neither worse, nor better in Egypt than it has been for years... It's just there's been a more recent incident, so it brings it back that Egypt is not necessarily a safe place to go, and of course, they hush it up all they can, as they rely so heavily on tourism...

Realistically, the situation is the same as it was when you first booked... It's your perception of it which has changed. And they're not going to let you off because you changed your mind, sadly.

Owned by a banking org............Shock!!!!

It wasnt so much the Egypt thing, as our lovely Foreign office states Its safe to travel. It was the £240 extra to change everything from a name, date and place etc i was wondering about.........It was a breakdown of £30 per name x 3, £30 per date x 3 and £30 per person per change of country x...........eeerrr 2 they must have let our 10 year old off with that one = £240

i canceled a holiday to disney florida last year.

(my 4 year old daughter was devistated ).all because we didnt know if my partner would get into usa with a driving offence *year old i might add*

we lost out deposit and had to change to a cheap last minute we had to pay £30 per person,my mother came with us a baby sitter so there was hardly a difference in price at the end between :

2 weeks in disney world= 10 days in tennife

(my daughter loved it though)

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

• 4 weeks later...
We had booked a trip to Egypt this summer but because of the recent bombings my other half doesnt want to risk taking our wee one. I called Thomas cook to say what happens to our £400 deposit. Well u have till this Friday to cancel and u lose the deposit any time after and you get a % added...........fair enuff.

Then I asked about changing the booking she said..........Its £30 to change the date going out £30 to change the date returning £30 to change the duration £30 to change country etc etc etc etc So a week In Tenerife was costing me an extra £240 just to change the booking. Is Thomas Cook now a BANK??

Surely this is a wee bit extreme and Im wondering if these charges are similar to Bank charges, any ideas????

no, thats standard im afraid, though the amounts vary from company to company.

it's only if the Foreign Office advises you not to go that you can get the deposit back.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks