Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All!

Robinson Way phoned me Thursday at 8:15am out of the blue saying I owed them £252.01 and wanted it paid within 7 days or else blah blah! I've never heard of them before. However, in April 2004 Express Debt Collecting Service sent me a letter saying same, I phoned them and said I didn't owe them money, man said he'd dig into it and get back - never did!

On Friday at 6:20pm, the phone rang, I answered and an automated message told me I had received a message from Robinson Way and left a number to contact them. I didn't!

Today, I got a letter from Express Debt Collecting Service saying I owed Robinson Way the same amount of money. I also got another phone call from them, but now letting all my calls go onto answering machine so they don't register as a 'contact made'. I feel this is unfair when it's an automated message, therefore no discussion!

Problem is, what do I do now? I'm frightened to answer my phone, and when the door goes my heart misses a beat!

I did ask the female who called early on Thursday morning to send me paperwork about all this but she said no! Also said she had spent enough time discussing this with me, 7 mins she said!!

Help please, what can I do? I have the money to pay them off and get them off my back - but why should I?

Hi there Princess

Have you started your own thread on this? If not, its best if you do so it will be easier for peeps to see it and help you ;)

Start a new thread about it in the debt collectors forum so your questions won't be lost on other threads.

Meantime, you should have no contact with these companies whatsoever by telephone. Everything should be in writing so that you have written proof of their utter incompetence :mad: Carry on ignoring phone calls Princess, as they will then be forced to write to you. What they are doing is trying to intimidate you. I have had calls at 10.00 p.m. at night from some DCAs, and at all times over weekends, from very rude and ignorant people.

Don't be afraid to answer your phone - if they do catch you unawares just replace the receiver, or say "I am not prepared to discuss this on the phone" and then replace the receiver before they get a chance to start with their verbal drivel, as you are not obliged to discuss anything with them on the phone.

The first thing for you to do in my opinion is to send Express Debt Collecting Service and Robinson Way a CCA request letter (by recorded delivery so that you have a record of when they receive it) in order to find out if they possess a properly executed agreement for this alleged debt you owe them (chances are they do not). If they cannot provide a properly executed agreement then they do not have a leg to stand on.

You will find all sample letters on the bank templates forum, but if you are stuck I can post mine on your thread for you. Once you send this CCA letter the account is then in dispute. Have a read on my thread Spiritgirl -v- Various DCAs, and have a good read on the other threads on that forum, they will help you to know you are not alone with this kind of thing, and the sequence of events once you have sent off your CCA requests.

Please don't worry OK? I know it feels very daunting right now but the most important thing to remember is not to let them intimidate you, and you have found many new friends on here who will support you all the way x

I'll keep an eye out for your thread and subscribe to it.

Hope this helps in the meantime.

Spiritgirl ;)

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Thames Credit - Oh a thread about this :-)

I'll add my 2d worth. Thames Credit have been harassing me by phone since Nov 2001. Almost all of their calls have been abusive. I had to sell my mobile to stop them ringing me when I was overseas! I have them listed on my caller display at home and refuse to pick up when it's them. They write about 4 times a year to remind me I haven't set up a repayment yet. Latest said I have 20 days then they are taking me to court. Hurrah! I asked them to do that years ago. Oh and one last point. It's not my debt in the first place. Sounds like some one faked my ID to set up a phoney bank a/c.

I got an acknowledgement letter on the 19th (11 days in) says they will get it from the client..... nothing since.

I did remind them of their obligations, and no reply.

Approached Experian and Equixfax to get the new default they added removed under the DPA

Westcot - no agreement but still refuse to remove default!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Westcot - no agreement but still refuse to remove default!

Maybelline, how did you go about this?? Did you ask them to?

I tried this and they ignored me so I'm hitting it from the other side.

The CRA's can not hold the information on your record if it can not be proven to them the information is accurate.

Robinson Way for phoning me just now, well 5mins ago. wanting to talk to me about a debt I owe. But the nasty part is that the bloke was quite aggressive on the phone told me I had been ignoring their letters (I havent had any) and being an idiot. after 5minutes of me telling him that I will not discuss the matter on the fone he finally put the fone down on me!

Once I get a letter from the drivelling idiods I will S.A.R them :-)

Cheeky git.

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

halifax and blair oliver scott for taking £150 out of my account last week to pay a debt that was cleared in april 2006 to Geoffrey Parker Bourne (CCJ, certs recieved etc) and telling me i wont get my £150 back - mmm lets see about that shall we!!! :-x

1ST CREDIT, evil 1st phone call, usual pay now, borrow money, loan how about a charging order while I've got your attention:rolleyes:

complained to TS (very interested in anything to do with 1st credit:D ) Lloyds TSB (no response:( ) 1st credit (all quiet on that front after a couple of hicups, think the TS word shut em up:p )

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Mercers debt collections ltd, or as its better know Barclayshark PLC's domant in house collection company.

These people are a nightmare, phone ringing 30-40 times a day, on the landline and the mobile at the same time. Ignore any letters you send them and never acknowledge any offer of payment other than the amount they demand.

Have got sick of them pestering me now, like banging your head on the wall trying to get any positive response out of them, so have told Barclayshark to sue me in court for the debt. At least then the judge might listen to what I have to say.

Trading Standards / DTI tip-off site for reporting rogue traders

dont know if this can go here but some creditors are ripping the public off.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

hi all , another name to add,

Robinson Way & Company Ltd. - Trying to hound my daughter for a debt over 7yrs old. Non compliance with the cci and threatening court action. Saying she made an agreement with them for payment LIES - No agreement was made.

How do these people get away with this:mad:

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

hi all , another name to add,

Robinson Way & Company Ltd. - Trying to hound my daughter for a debt over 7yrs old. Non compliance with the cci and threatening court action. Saying she made an agreement with them for payment LIES - No agreement was made.

How do these people get away with this:mad:

they LIE

go get them

Link Financial - harrasment, inaccurate and misleading communication, failure to respond in accordance with CCA.

Debt Managers - harrasment, abuse, misleading communication.

Lewis - Doorstep calls, misleading and inaccurate communication.