Bryan Carter Solicitors (Capital 1)

kopite71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone give me sum help,

I suggest you start your own thread in the legal section. CAGgers will then be along to help you with your issue.

Posting it at the end of another thread, means it is just lost and you are unlikely to get a reply.

Go here Legal Issues - The Consumer Forums , click on the new thread button and tell your story.

Best of luck

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you start your own thread in the legal section. CAGgers will then be along to help you with your issue.

Posting it at the end of another thread, means it is just lost and you are unlikely to get a reply.

Go here Legal Issues - The Consumer Forums , click on the new thread button and tell your story.

Best of luck

Thanks a lot, i will do that.;-)

his B. Carter & co still trading as my partner as recived a letter from them saying she owes them money for a dept to pheonix collections ltd for a dept with littlewoods

Send him a CCA that will dispatch him

hi this is to do with bryan carter but a littlewoods catalogue debt. I have been chased by bryan carter and now i have a claim form. which i have sent acknowledgement of service.

i have been chasing the excess charges and ppi insurance from littlewoods since last year and have asked for statements etc and have not received a reply. i even gave it to a firm specialing in ppi and excess charges and they cannot get a response from littlewoods.

can anybody help me as to what to put on the counterclaim as i do not have a specified amount as no information has been forthcoming from littlewoods. help where do i find this info :(

hi this is to do with bryan carter but a littlewoods catalogue debt. I have been chased by bryan carter and now i have a claim form. which i have sent acknowledgement of service.

i have been chasing the excess charges and ppi insurance from littlewoods since last year and have asked for statements etc and have not received a reply. i even gave it to a firm specialing in ppi and excess charges and they cannot get a response from littlewoods.

can anybody help me as to what to put on the counterclaim as i do not have a specified amount as no information has been forthcoming from littlewoods. help where do i find this info :(

Hi, best to start a new thread on this in the legal forum, post up the particulars of claim, and say what date is on the claim form

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 4 weeks later...

hope this is in the right place. found your forum after B.C. actually had the cheek to file a claim, in of course Northampton (bulk) read the advice and asked for the CCA (£1 P.O.). Letter back today, case on hold. (capital One- Original balance paid in full- Late payment charges on a Zero balance)

My reason for posting this, is, no-one seems to have refered to the statute of limitation. I have had lots of debt problems since a bankrupcy in the last recession of the early 90's.

My simple advice, apart from from using the wonderful defence tactics used by your contributors, is do not enter into any negotiation with any debt factor, no phone calls, no response. you will then see these same demands do the rounds with all the parasites that work in this trade. The Banks enjoy a 75% tax write off on these debts so parasites end up with 300% profit if you play with them.

If you can ignore them for six years the statute kicks in and the debt is unenforceable.

Having been at the sharp end of County Court actions, please do not be frightened to attend and put your case, however humble, in my experience

the judge or recorder is more inclined to be sympathetic to a reasoned plea by an attending defendant than a smug brief trying to screw you.

1.Ignore until summons.2. defend. 3. attend .Note: as soon as you file a defence, the case reverts to your local county court and I'm pretty sure B.C. won't pay a brief to run round the country to defend their dodgy claims.

I'm sure someone will shoot me down for this contribution.

Edited by Parkland
bits to add

• 6 months later...

I have had non-stop phone calls and letter to every address i have lived at for the last 4 years (which they only have as i have kept them informed) From them with failed payment and defaulted warnings. I have been payng £50 a month and if i have ever had a problem with a payment i have contacted them.

It's now getting ridulous. I don't know what to do now. I dont even know what the total emount is that i owe anymore. They know i'm now living in europe, I have given them my new address but they say they cannot send me the information i need as its ouside the UK.

***PLEASE HELP***:-(

I have had non-stop phone callslink8.gif and letter to every address i have lived at for the last 4 years (which they only have as i have kept them informed) From them with failed payment and defaulted warnings. I have been payng £50 a month and if i have ever had a problem with a payment i have contacted them.

It's now getting ridulous. I don't know what to do now. I dont even know what the total emount is that i owe anymore. They know i'm now living in europe, I have given them my new address but they say they cannot send me the information i need as its ouside the UK.

***PLEASE HELP***:Cry:

• 1 month later...

hi please help!

this morning i received a letter from Bryan carter & co solicitors saying the following :

" dear miss Buttle,

we have failed to receive a response to previous correspondence and have therefore made tracing enquireis for conformation of your current place of residence. information has been received confirming that your adress details have changed to this address."

i have no debts whatsoever and moved house last january to move in with my partner. and i have no idea what this is for and find it very worrying. i previously took a loan out with FLM which i finished all payments with and i see that bryan carter does indeed have dealings with them.

any advice would be great!

hi please help!

this morning i received a letter from Bryan carter & co solicitors saying the following :

" dear miss Buttle,

we have failed to receive a response to previous correspondence and have therefore made tracing enquireis for conformation of your current place of residence. information has been received confirming that your adress details have changed to this address."

i have no debts whatsoever and moved house last january to move in with my partner. and i have no idea what this is for and find it very worrying. i previously took a loan out with FLM which i finished all payments with and i see that bryan carter does indeed have dealings with them.

any advice would be great!

My advice, start a thread of your own on this

Click new thread at the top, you will get all the help you need

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 2 weeks later...
I have had non-stop phone callslink8.gif and letter to every address i have lived at for the last 4 years (which they only have as i have kept them informed) From them with failed payment and defaulted warnings. I have been payng £50 a month and if i have ever had a problem with a payment i have contacted them.

***PLEASE HELP***:Cry:

Me too. Fredrickson were writing and phoning me at my previous address. Letters were returned to them with a 'not resident at this address'. Phone calls stopped after the current resident phoned them angrily and said he would call the police if their computer didn't stop calling his house. The young temp at their call centre said he'd removed the number. But yesterday, a month later Bryan Carter wrote to me there about the Capital One debt. I'm ignoring it.

I think, all we need to do is sign up with creditexpert.com, check once a week to see if a CCJ has been issued by them, and if it has have it set aside because it is issued to your previous address and therefore invalid.

The previous resident can't really do anything about the harrassment though, because he returned the mail to them.

• 1 month later...

with regards to parklands post, i did file a defence, it was transfered to my local county court and i did attend but BC didnt, instead they faxed or sent a letter into the court stating the could not attend but still stating what debt was for and why they thought i owed it. The judge then gave me 28 days to file statement as to why i felt i did not owe the money and i was to send a copy to BC and the court within that time frame or the judgement would stand. I feel that if BC cant be bothered to show then this should have been thrown out of court immediately when they did a no show. Eventually BC decided not to persue the claim.

• 2 years later...

help needed asap please

my wife had a cp1 card about 10 years ago.

recently within the last few months we heard from bc,

stating that we owed money on this cp1 card. the next thing we know is we had a bayliff note in the door saying we must

pay £175 with in 7 days.

foolishly i paid it.

i then rang bc up and got a very rude woman saying we must pay the money back on this cp1 card to them.

she said there was a ccj againest us.

so like a fool i agree to pay back £50 a month which i did do for 2 months.

as i was not in work i rang them again saying i just can not afford £50 a month. she then said i couid pay £30 a month.

i have made 1 payment since 2 months ago.

i just can not carry on paying them. i am now worried sick that a bayliff will turn up again soon, please i am looking for some advice on this i look forward to your replys..

what are my rights and what do i need to do .. HELP

help needed asap please

my wife had a cp1 card about 10 years ago.

recently within the last few months we heard from bc,

stating that we owed money on this cp1 card. the next thing we know is we had a bayliff note in the door saying we must

pay £175 with in 7 days.

foolishly i paid it.

i then rang bc up and got a very rude woman saying we must pay the money back on this cp1 card to them.

she said there was a ccj againest us.

so like a fool i agree to pay back £50 a month which i did do for 2 months.

as i was not in work i rang them again saying i just can not afford £50 a month. she then said i couid pay £30 a month.

i have made 1 payment since 2 months ago.

i just can not carry on paying them. i am now worried sick that a bayliff will turn up again soon, please i am looking for some advice on this i look forward to your replys..

what are my rights and what do i need to do .. HELP

Hi, phone them back and ask for a copy of the original agreement that yr wife or you signed for. They have to by law send you a copy, then tell them your not paying another penny until you have written confirmation that you actually owe this debt.

My husband had a similar problem with BCS and we did exactly as I've said to you and as they can't provide a copy of the original agreement they have no way or proving you owe this debt.

Hope this helps