xlr8r_y2k v's First Trust Bank

xlr8r_y2k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just noticed you up against first trust as well was wondering if you could help me have just received my last 6 years of ststements that i requested . in 2001 this banks refferal charge was £9 do i include those even though they are below the legal £12 (if it is legal) and do i include the £13 they charge me to send me a letter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ofts decision of £12.00 is based on year 2006.

They have not said that £12.00 is a fair charge, but the point where they will automatically intervene.

The letters that First Rust send out are advertised as a penalty, and therefore you should claim these as well (it does not cost £13.00and is therefore punitive).

Hopefully others will have some more info

just noticed you up against first trust as well was wondering if you could help me have just received my last 6 years of ststements that i requested . in 2001 this banks refferal charge was £9 do i include those even though they are below the legal £12 (if it is legal) and do i include the £13 they charge me to send me a letter

yes you can reclaim these charges, the word on the web is that these tranaactions should cost the banks between £2 and £4. I only had 2 arrears letter so I just left them off cos I decided I wouldn't let them argue over them, I'll go for the obvious charges first and maybe hit them with those ones at a later date!

Hello there Mr.xlr8r_y2k, I pretty much guessed you were male 'cos of your signature. Good luck!

nervous.

signature? think you mean my name, it dedicated to the memory of Knight Rider and David Hasselhoff and his gold medallaions! I think it's very 80's

XccelerEIGHTerTWOTHOUSAND out! hahahahhaha

Well done for challenging the Suits.

I'm a fairly bolshy Yorkshireman who's been living in Norn Irn for several years.When I came here first off, I was gobsmacked with the way folk would cave in and grovel, cap in hand to anyone who gave a vague impression of being further up up the food chain.

It was like going back to the 1950s and it has given me years of entertainment making officious, arrogant plonkers squirm by pulling the rug of deference from under them.

They can dish it out alright, but they crumble when you dish it back to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my first letter off to FT yesterday recorded delivery,I intend to screw the B------s because of the way I was treated by a certain FT employee after my Mother died in April 2000.I have been waiting for this oppourtunity for yrs at last it has arrived.Will keep you all posted of developments

BigDess

i think you can, do a search around the site for more info.

MY CLAIM STATUS

FIRST TRUST BANK - Small Claims Court Case Filed

ALLIANCE & LEICESTER BANK - Preliminary Letter Sent

CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT CARD - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter Sent

MINT CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

CITI CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

CAPITALONE CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

VIRGIN CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

GE MONEY STORE CARD - SAR Letter Sent

No more Mr Nice Guy!!! :D

Yes bigdess, you can. But I cant tell you how to do it as I havent yet had to do it myself. Many on this site have sucessfully taken action for return of charges from in excess of six years ago.

I will be claiming about 12x £5 Barclaycrud charges from 1986 in time though.

£5 I hear you ask- is it worth it?

£5 + 21 years contractual interest @ 27% = £300+ for each £5.

:eek:

First off, bigdes you need to start your own thread so we know where to find you.

You say you have "sent a letter". This is a pointless waste of time if you dont know how much they owe you.

Send a Subject Access Request along with a £10 cheque or postal order to cover the maximum statutory fee, then wait and see.

Template is in the library.

Revenge is a dish best served cold- bide your time and play this by the book in the stages laid out in this site.

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys, lba has expired, phone FTB to see if there was anyhting going to happen and they said it was being dealt with as a complaint and they would respond in 4 weeks.

Only thing is this time the tail is wagging the dog so I have filed with the SCC today!

wish me luck!

Good luck m8.

Im on Day 6 of my 14 working days that I am allowing them so im not far behind you.

MY CLAIM STATUS

cheers m8, would have to say I was a bit daunted by taking the bank to court, then I thought about it what's the worst that can happen, the money they have taken is gone anyway and ok if I loose it'll be another £62 but hey I will make sure that it costs them a heck of a lot more than that in time and money before I give in!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

How did you go about filing for court m8? Is it just a matter of getting a few small claims court forms from your local court office?

If its more than £2000, do you need to file a few claims? Can they be filed at same time or do I have to wait til 1 is settled?

Cheers

MY CLAIM STATUS

Hi davydee, I just filed with small claims online, I have only put in one claim for slightly under the £2000 limit plus around £700 in interest at the 8% rate, I will see how it goes before I ask for the rest but as yet there has been no update to my case. Technically you are NOT allowed to split you claims however I do know of a growing number of people who are going down the 'civil bill' route because there claims are significantly over the £2000 small claims court limit.

There are quite a few of us with claims against the first trust now, I think the pressure is definately mounting on them, the more they keep stalling and trying the defence to get it adjourned pending the OFT report the more they'll keep piling up!!!!

Well, the advantage of mine is I am claiming for 2 different accounts with the first trust. 1 bank account is for £1800 and the other is for just over £1000. I havent yet added interest to that.

So can I claim for each account at the same time + add interest to it and its ok to go over the £2000?

MY CLAIM STATUS

yes thats no problem as it's two separate accounts then thats two separate claims, the £2000 limit is then 'plus' interest, you can also claim for ongoing interest, mines ticking along at 44p per day lol!

check you private messages too

ah thats good. Just lukin through now m8 and checking out the small claims online for northern ireland :)

Gonna file now as the 14 days is well up.

MY CLAIM STATUS