Internet Service Providers.

Jason1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys.

I am currently having a major problem with my companies ISP. Any email that is being sent to us ending with @***-uk.com is being bounced back to the sender but if they use @***-******.co.uk instead it works fine. I have been in contact with them for nearly 4 weeks about this as before the weekend it was only intermitent but since Sunday it has stopped the first email addresses altogether. Emails are absolutley critical to our business but our ISP whom is IZR dont seem to appreciate how serious this is.

What I want to know is are they covered under the Sale of goods act 1979 (as amended)? If they are then they are in breach of all 3 criteria

• as described

The service is to include email forwarding however it looks like our A and MX records have been erased.:evil:

It dosent work so a no brainer here.:evil:

• fit for purpose

Same as above.:evil:

I will be calling them again in the morning for about the 12 time this week to get this sorted but if they dont give me any satisfaction then it will need to go further and I want to know what my rights are cause I bet they wont tell me!

Just a thought is it worth starting a new topic just for ISP? I could also rant on about Bulldog but thats another story. For business use, can anyone recomend a quality provider? I used to use Zen for home use and only had excelent service from them but would be nice to see what you guys thought... :D

Thanks all!!

J.

HSBC Owing £618.00 charges + £106.57 Interest = £724.57 total. See how I went about doing it here

Preliminary letter sent - 20.10.06

Found out the Postoffice have LOST the prelim letter - 7.11.06!!! :mad:

Re-sent prelim letter - 8.11.06

Confirmed delivery - 15.11.06

LBA sent recorded delivery - 23.11.06

HSBC offer £525, Rejected 7.12.06

MCOL filed with revised sum of £744.10 - 17.12.06

Letter of Acknowledgement recieved - 22.12.06

Statements sent to DG and courts - 27.12.06 (NEARLY THERE!!)

AQ letter recieved - 17.01.07

AQ Letter handed in to court - 02.02.07

Letter from D&G offering full amount -03.02.07:D

Money in account - 14.02.07!!

We get charged enough in TAXES and just general living without those whom we trust with managing what little money we do get to keep unlawfully charging us, especialy when their profits are so huge.

You're certain 100% that this is your ISP and not a spam filter etc?

I have to ask that, as although I'm fine with the law, I'm not very technical about the ins and outs of ISPs etc!

You wouldn't use the Sale of Goods Act as they're supplying you with a service. You'd have to go under the Supply of Goods and Services Act and state that the service is not satisfactory as you are missing urgent emails which are important for your business.

(Are they aware that you are running a business through this account?)

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Hi Rosie.

Thanks for the info about the law. I'm fine with the techno 'stuff' but know little about the law and how it applies here, although thanks to this site learning fast!!:D

It is definatly the ISP. I have ran checks on the registration and there is no record of our main email address, this is something that I dont have access to. The account is for business use only.

Unfortunatly Blacksheep I am still trying to find out the ins and outs of what we have bought. If I call their accounts dept then all I get is an answer machine, not good if you need to make an urgent payment. The trouble is I only recently took on this position and there is no record/certificate to point me in the right direction. Will keep you informed of all progress.

Thanks again.

J.

HSBC Owing £618.00 charges + £106.57 Interest = £724.57 total. See how I went about doing it here

We get charged enough in TAXES and just general living without those whom we trust with managing what little money we do get to keep unlawfully charging us, especialy when their profits are so huge.

Quick update. Apparently our Domain registration has...... issues! It still has 12 months left but they are showing it has expired but they admit I am right.... All good fun! :rolleyes:

Guest Benthic

Jason,

You say that it is your company's ISP. You should make sure Supply of Goods and Services Act appies to business contracts. I think that act applies only to consumers i.e. private individuals. It may solely come down to a breach of contract, in which you should check the small print.

It does apply to business contracts, but there is a possibility that they can include some exclusion clauses in their terms and conditions provided it is reasonable - which they wouldn't be able to do if it was a consumer contract.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.