• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Theft Act s.15A - Is there a route here?

steven4064
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One HUGE intangible nobody has pointed out, who actually lieks banks?

Unless we get twelve people who all have shares in a bank (ie not a pnesion fund where they only MIGHT have shares) then that goes for us. I mean jurors are ordinary people and it has been known for juries to reach a verdict when the judge has advised them against it.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

subscribing

Please don't do that in future. If you look under "Thread tools" you'll find an option to "subscribe to this thread". If you're not going to add to the thread, use that instead.

Let this public chastisement be a lesson to empty your private message box more frequently.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Please don't do that in future. If you look under "Thread tools" you'll find an option to "subscribe to this thread". If you're not going to add to the thread, use that instead.

Let this public chastisement be a lesson to empty your private message box more frequently.

Get over yourself.......

Just subscribing.

Just subscribing.

That's all well and good, but there's no need to announce that fact to the world.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I think we all left school a long time ago.... :)

• Haha 1

Nice thread people. Just Subscribing ;)

No only joking :D i have been thinking about this for a long long time now ever since i started my claims. I have seen many issues the banks bring up to what they say they can and cannot do. I.E taking penalty charges, and also taking charges or money to pay for things from another account due to not enough money being in the first account.(offsetting they call it :S)

On the main issue which is with regards to taking charges out of your account, Where do you think they stand with informing you that they are taking a charge out of your account on such a day and then just taking it irrelevant of how much money you have in your account?

Now i have several issues here.

Firsty even if their charges where legal and it was a service who or where does it state that they can just dip into your account to take your money for them? If i owe money to someone I dont expect them to go down to my bank and say to the bank cashier "oh hello Mr Smith owes me £39 please can i have it today" Whats the cashier going to say? "oh yes here it is?" dont think so. So what gives the bank the right to do so just cause you have your money there with them. If you do have a charge that is due to come out and you shut the account down for arguements sake and open another bank account up somewhere else can that bank go and take the money then? No cause they dont have access to it, so just cause they have access to your money shouldnt allow them to just take it cause they told you so.

Secondly We believe that their charges are unfair and unlawful so on that basis i want to pop into their account and take my money back. Can we? no we cant we have to follow proceedures and request the money bank, not just dip into their private account and take it and at the end of it all maybe issue legal proceedings to get it back.

Thirdly can we issue default notices on the bank by letter and report them to the CRAs just like they do with us? No we cant.

Does this seem all onesided btw? lol

Last but not least what options do we as consumers have to having a bank account? Not very many. How many of us work ? Plently and even if you dont work people are on some kind of benefits true? Now then can you go to your work and ask them to give you cash for work? Nope it is either bacs transfer or cheque if you are lucky. Either way that has to be put into a bank account to be processed. If you are on benefits the state now want people to have their benefits paid into a bank account cause it is easier for them to process, yes you have a choice but only just at the minute. Therefore do we really have an option if we want to get paid, to be paid without the need of a bank account? No so it is something that is being imposed onto us and dont really have any option. So why are the government or the governing bodies allowing these banks to do what they like and charging these kind of ammounts when simply we just dont have a choice anymore.

I have been thinking that someone or some organisation should be looking at taking these banks on with regards to Fraud or taking money by deception. That is what they are doing and was going to challenge this myself with my HSBC claim, where I had an argument with DG Solicitors who paid my money I claimed back. Instead of paying me they decided to pay the ammount claimed, off my loan I was paying, which was totally seperate entity to my personal account(Which was closed down over 2 years previous btw) and I told them this was nothing short of stealing as I hadnt received my money and would not drop the court proceedings till it was paid directly back to me. I told them I believed it to be illegal as this was my money not theirs and just cause they have/had access to it didnt mean they could decide what to do with it, that is my choice what I pay not theirs. I had an Loan agreement with them to pay £100 per month and they went and paid £3851 off it with my claim. In the end we came to a settlement for me to drop the claim by paying off the full ammount of my loan which was standing at £4900.

Now this case if gone to court would of been down a different line to the charges I was claiming as that was not the issue anymore as a settlement had been agreed but what would of been sorted in court is the action by the banks to use my own money to do and pay what they liked even though they had no right to use my money to pay what they wanted to do without my authorsation. (Read the thread it is in my signiture)

Anyway thats my two pence worth.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

ppauls150, you might be interested in this thread which has some resonance with your last post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/84640-norwich-peterborough-1st-right.html

(BTW, re your signature - the scales are bottom left not top right - at least in Firefox they are)

Steven

thought you people might be interested in this;

Just nicked this from Frenchy on the abbey thread

#Incidentally in the Daily Mail finance section today was an article that basically said the OFT/FSA has issued a statemnt warning the Banks that their charges are extortionate and in many cases ILLEGAL!!!!!!

thought this may be of help concerning the fraud act;)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

ok i think you might have known already, but heres the article anyway

Banks accused of 'mugging' customers over charges | the Daily Mail

just in case

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

ppauls150, you might be interested in this thread which has some resonance with your last post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/84640-norwich-peterborough-1st-right.html

I already know about the right to appropriation ;) and i am telling people about this so that they can try and stop the bank taking their money when they are having benefits being paid into their account.

(BTW, re your signature - the scales are bottom left not top right - at least in Firefox they are)

when i joined this site and and made my signature down below the scales was at the top of the post where the post number is but they have since been moved down the bottom and i havent realised. Thanks for the heads up and will change my signature to click on my scales down the bottom. lol ;)

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180