statements back from natinwide

tonyrees68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all great site very well done to all involved

got 6 years of statements back just by calling my local nationwide bank, they were more than helpfull and did not ask why.Totalled up the charges £1832.50 less the interest they put on top ( can i get back the card missuse charges as well ) anyway , so its a case of asking for the refund of charges which i will use the template for . Ive read all the faqs wish me luck ill keep you all updated

regards tony

PS i havnt included any interest charges at this point it might be bargining power if i need to defend by saying you keep it i just want the illeagal charges back .

Hi, and welcome.

Regarding what to claim for:

You can claim for everything on your statements that is not a justifiable service fee, or justifiable interest:

Claim:

• Penalty Charges applied to your account. This is for exceeding overdrafts, referral/representation of DD’s and SO’s, cancellation of DD’s and SO’s, card misuse charges - the list is long!
  • Interest charged to your account for any of the above
  • When the interest is applied to the penalty charges, then this interest should be included in your claim
  • If your transaction history identifies what interest is applied for what reason, then be honest about the amount you request
  • If the interest is not itemised, then claim for ‘Interest Charges,’ and the onus will be on the bank to demonstrate the proportion they are entitled to

Don't Claim:

• Agreed fees, such as £5 monthly overdraft arrangement fee
  • In any 'charging month' if you have an interest charge, but no penalty charges, then clearly this is 'legitimate' interest charged to your overdraft. Do NOT claim for this
  • Additionally, this figure can be used to apply an 'average' to your interest 'proper' charges over the months - i.e. deduct this figure from 'Interest Charges' each month, and the remainder will be an approximate figure for interest applied to penalty charges
  • Any concept of costs or time at this time
  • Interest other than that which appears on your statements
  • Interest at 8% APR (that comes when you raise your claim at court)

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi thanks for a comprehensive faq reply

just 1 question on the What i require bit

reads

i caculate that you have taken xxx plusxxx what you charge in overdraft interest for the sum what you have taken total xxx

Can i write i calculate that you have taken £xxxx not including interest charges

sent prem letter 2 day asking for the charges back £1682.50 ill send you all an update when and ( if ) lol i get the standard reply

good work all and good luck to all

Good luck.

I've just sent off for 6 years bank statements and am feeling slightly scared and a tad out of my depth! :eek:

Argos Employee

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

Good luck.

I've just sent off for 6 years bank statements and am feeling slightly scared and a tad out of my depth! :eek:

Hi

It would be a good idea to start your own thread and that way you can keep us informed of your progress.

its daunting for everyone at first but remember the banks do not want to take you on in court, its your money you are claiming and this forum is full of people like yourself that will support you.

Good luck

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Charges refunded 15 April

Sorry - I'm hijacking aren't I??? :p

I will start my own thread when I know how much I'm claiming back.

I hope everyone has wide shoulders for me to cry on!! :rolleyes:

Argos Employee

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

Here's hoping! :-|

*end of hijack*

Argos Employee

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks