6 Months To Think About It, Now 2007 is Claim Time!

ScrummyMummy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I looked into claiming against the Abbey (on behalf of my husband) back in June but he was unsure and I was 7 months pregnant. Since then he's had massive charges on his account, one month he had charges of £450 (I kid you not) because a whole bunch of DDs came out a day early. They did refund £150 over the phone when he complained, but then this month he was charged for going overdrawn on a DD by £1. We've decided to go for it, why do we sit back and let them do it to us?

Anyway, wish us luck!

EmmyLoo x

EmmyLoo :p

Welcome.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily. Here’s one to start with, which you should find useful later:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/53241-cant-find-what-youre.html

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Finally the Moderators and Site Helpers are having to spend far too much time dealing with unnecessary and avoidable errors in claims caused by impatience, ignorance or just plain laziness. If you don’t know what to do next, ask. If you don’t understand something, ask. It might be a dumb question, but it’s a lot easier to sort out than a dumb mistake.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Just a brief update. Sent Data Protection Act letter to Abbey 2nd Jan, nothing heard so far but then looking through the Abbey posts I guess they're reeeeally busy!!! It's good to see so many peope taking 'ACTION'. It's early days yet but my diary is marked on the 40th day to issue a "you have 14 days" letter. Even though things are quiet, reading recent threads does keep me focused.

Lots of positive stuff to everyone.

Emmyloo :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a record? Posted my Data Protection Act letter 2nd Jan, received 2005/2006 statements 24th Jan with the standard 'microfiche' letter and then 30th Jan received the remaining microfiche copy statements back to 2000! Now I just need to get all the charges down on paper. Could someone point me in the right direction for Vampiress's spreadsheet (I know it's in here somewhere but I'm having a mare finding it). Thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if I have come through the wrong channel, but things are gently hotting up with Abbey and I need some advice but stupidly my CAG user ID isn't very 'anonymous'. How can I change it? Any help as always gratefully received. Cheers!

Can anyone shed some light...

So far Abbey have been quite reasonable, in so far as they've responded quite promptly to my correspondence, including statements request. My last letter to them was the 'can I have my money back, please reply in 14 days' with CAG labels attached. Well just over a week later I have received a letter along the lines "sorry you had to complain, someone's working on it, we will resolve it as quickly as we have a mind to, give us four weeks but even then it might only write to you to say wait a little longer." They even added a little ditty at the bottom along the lines "if a Third Party is handling this claim you can't claim back their charges and we won't pay them direct."

Additionally they even had the cheek to send me a leaflet telling me 'how to complain', or at least how Abbey want me to complain, "Ah hem!".

My query is, do I still send them the 'letter before action' on the 14th day, which I'm guessing is yes but how do I amend it as it does begin "bummer you haven't replied to my last letter!".

Sorry if I'm repeating a previous message but I wasn't able to easily spot anything on a previous thread.

Thanks for any help as this does seem to be when things start getting "don't mess me around because me and whole bunch of other brave souls have the help and support of CAG behind them and we're not going to take it anymore!"

Cheers!

Stick to your timetable, issue your LBA 14 days after prelim and Claim Form 14 days after LBA. Amend the letter to something along the lines of you have failed to respond positively.

They will attempt to stall all the way along. The bits you refer to above are all standard stuff.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.