Help Needed - Local Council - Gross Negligence, Victimisation.... you name it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being supportive - of a different point of view from yours. Obviously you do not have the courage in your convictions to actually try and persuade me in constructive debate rather than emotional irrelevant comments.

Not sure what my sig has to do with it, and fail to see why it should be any business of anyone elses or of any relevance to my argument...but I am actually well into 5 figures worth of debt, which in the past I have struggled to pay off. It was only when I realised I was being an idiot, as I was consistently spending well above my means, and realised it was my fault, and I got the repayments under control. I think a very good example of why my point is correct, or at least valid. At the end of the day, I am supportive and sympathetic of debtors - I feel they should be given every support possible. But it is fundamentally wrong to absolve them of blame, as this does not help them in the long run. What is the point in supporting debtors JonCris, this time, just for them to be in the same situation in a year?

Anyway that is my last say on the matter - I can see that you are blinkered to valid arguments, and I am not going to win this one without stooping to your level.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am being supportive - of a different point of view from yours. Obviously you do not have the courage in your convictions to actually try and persuade me in constructive debate rather than emotional irrelevant comments.

Not sure what my sig has to do with it, and fail to see why it should be any business of anyone elses or of any relevance to my argument...but I am actually well into 5 figures worth of debt, which in the past I have struggled to pay off. It was only when I realised I was being an idiot, as I was consistently spending well above my means, and realised it was my fault, and I got the repayments under control. I think a very good example of why my point is correct, or at least valid. At the end of the day, I am supportive and sympathetic of debtors - I feel they should be given every support possible. But it is fundamentally wrong to absolve them of blame, as this does not help them in the long run. What is the point in supporting debtors JonCris, this time, just for them to be in the same situation in a year? I rest my Case

Anyway that is my last say on the matter - I can see that you are blinkered to valid arguments, and I am not going to win this one without stooping to your level.

see above

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only just come across this thread so not sure if matters resolved or not. Reading this horrendous story it seems to me that both the council and court procedures are prejudicial to people with mental health disabilities. I'm fairly sure that depression constitutes a legal disability and so the Disability Discrimination Act would apply. This act tends to scare organisations somewhat so it might be worth contacting the Disability Rights Commission or some such organisation to ask their advice and whether they would take the case on for you.

• 5 years later...

Hi to anyone, seems like damo dissappeared. For anyone else who comes accross this thread and for any advisors who suggested damo go to LGO, I feel it my duty to exclaim that you never give that advice to anyone again. It is extremely likely that the LGO will have just finished the job that the council started re running damo into the ground. Anyone else who knows the facts about the LGO will tell you the same - LGO is not answerable to anyone - not even the Department of Communities and Local Government. It is what is known as an Arms Length Body of the government and doesn't even have to answer to those who fund it - i think because they are known as sponsors. It may well have finished damo off. I speak from experience. The LGO IS A LIAR AND IT KNOWS IT. This is not conspiracy language. When I have enough spare cash - one day I will advertise precisely that and invite them to sue me if I am wrong. Please don't advise anyone go to them.

The LGO justifies itself with a day in Parliament each year when it reports on the good work it does. What it doesn't state is that the few things it mentions in Parliament are approximately the ONLY complaints it has upheld. Most other peoples complaints are not observed from the point of view of investigative thinking. Indeed - when a council failed to release docs to me, even after the Information Commissioner had been asking it to for 5 months - A poor girl at the LGO - at her wits end with trying to put me off my complaint - actually stated that even if I did get the documents ( which no-one at the algo new what they contained ) - Quote "IT WONT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE". Enough said! If you want to help people - that should not be a place you reccommend the go. This thread is old so you may well have heard of LGO Watch by now. If you haven't and you dont believe me - go to its site and check the stats it has collected. IT SEEMS IT IS THERE TO END PEOPLES COMPLAINTS SIMPLY BY BREAKING THEIR WILL TO COMPLAIN ANY FURTHER - AND IT SEEMS - NO ONE CAN DO A THING ABOUT IT EVEN THOUGH IT IS PAID FOR OUT OF PUBLIC MONEY.