Advice Please

cherminate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Merry Christmas everyone!

In 2002 I had a period of ill health and got into arrears with my abbey national mortgage. I am sure that I had payment protection but due to my health state I neither pursued a claim or contacted Abbey to initiate a claim or make them aware of the situation.

My house was inevitably repossessed(no doubt this would have been avoided if I had advised them of the situation). I received a cheque after the reposession as the house raised more than the mortgage.

Obviously around that time I would have incurred hefty penalty charges, could I know claim these back?

Additionally would I have a case regarding the repossession as I was protected against illness? Should I complain to them directly?

In total I was away from work for 28 months.

Hi Cherminate.

I think that you may well be past the time limit for insurance claims after 4 years.. I may be wrong, in which case someone post a correction.

Regarding punitive charges on your mortgage account, you can claim these back in exactly the same way as claiming charges from the banks.

Send a Data Protection Act S.A.R.s letter to the mortgage company and enclose £10 fee. They will then have 40 days in which to comply with your request. If they don't comply, then you report them to the Information Commissioners Office.

Click on this link for S.A.R.s letter....

While you are waiting for your info, spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....