CCJ ? - Third party cost order - overseas

mrhayes9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, 

My business went into liquidation and a creditor applied for third party cost order against myself as sole director for the amount of £4000.

Just to clarify, I no longer live in the UK but I gave the court a friends address in the UK for correspondence and I kept in touch with the court by phone so I wouldn’t miss on the hearing date (it was probably a bad idea to do this).

The cost order was granted and I am now asked to pay the amount; I have no assets or savings anywhere in the world and I am out of employment.

Lastly, the creditors were aware that I was in a European country but I am now living I out of Europe at a friends couch - trying to get back on my feet.

I really can’t afford to pay for the full amount and I somehow feel a little worried even though I don’t have a penny to my name. 

I asked the creditor if I could pay by installments (maybe I would be able to do £200 per month if my mate borrows me the funds until I get a job here) but I am not sure if they will accept it.

Any advice on what’s the worst scenario that could happen if the deadline for payment comes and I haven’t settled or gotten an agreement? Does this mean I have a CCJ?

Thanks guys 

Edited by mrhayes9
Typo

nothing anyone can do...

yes there must of been a court hearing..

read me but im not saying use them...just for info as to what has happened

WWW.STEVENS-BOLTON.COM

As experienced practitioners well know, the costs of litigation and, more importantly, who pays them, often carry as much significance to the...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't borrow funds to make an offer, as you just end up owing a friend money without any firm plan to be able to pay them back.

You need to ensure the creditors have your current European address and that this is the address for all communications. Otherwise the address in the UK may receive visits from enforcement officers trying to find any goods that you own, that could be seized to be sold. They may still visit, whatever you tell the creditors.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks guys,

Dx, the hearing happened and I attended remotely, but unfortunately the judge considered I shall pay.

As I am out of Europe now, is this debt enforceable? What is the worst that could happen?

To be honest, as I said, I don’t have any assets, but I think I am more worried about the stress that comes with the whole situation.

Credit doesn’t really bother me as I don’t plan to move back to UK, will probably only visit as a tourist.

When the deadline for the payment arrives, if I haven’t settled or gotten an agreement, what will happen?

sort ans is nothing.

even bailiffs wouldn't be able to do anything.

was the claimant aware by say written evidence you were and had and remain to be a resident in the eu 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Update in writing.  the creditor with any foreign address and advise that you have no assets in the UK

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread