@Zipcar trying to charging me £300 for a chest of drawers left in a car i hired - i didnt see one!!

mohamed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You probably need to stop worrying about this.

Call your card issuer/bank and inform them that you want a block on any payments made from your card to that company. Get a reference number. Confirm this in writing. Read our customer services guide.

Monitor your account for any money which is taken.

Write a letter to the car hire people and inform them simply that you have no knowledge of the item which apparently was left in the vehicle and that you are not prepared to pay any invoice and that if they feel that there is money to be recovered then they should issue court proceedings immediately and you will deal with it before a judge.
Tell them that you have instructed your bank/card issuer not to make any payments to them and that any attempt to take money from your account will be met with immediate complaint to the bank and a request for a chargeback. (Point this out to the bank as well)

Send this letter – without all the narrative stuff that you have included above in your first post. Be brief and to the point.

Keep us updated. If it goes any further then of course we will help you. I don't envisage much problem. You may even find the whole thing quite interesting.

The only difficulty for you is that it may have destroyed your relationship with Zipcar if you use them very often – but you will have to deal with that as it comes.

I would suggest a couple of weeks that you send them an SAR. If they have this down on your data file then if you want you can make a claim against them for inaccurate data processing and that might be worth the money to you as well. Especially if you can show that this has caused distress and inconvenience in that they have blocked your access to the Zipcar service on this basis.

• Like 1

But telephone the bank as well

WWW.FCA.ORG.UK

Find out your rights when cancelling a continuous payment authority and what to do if your bank does not allow you to do this.

• dx100uk changed the title to @Zipcar trying to charging me £300 for a chest of drawers left in a car i hired - i didnt see one!!
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that you should send them one letter refusing and putting it on record that it was not your chest of drawers.

They must look elsewhere for their money.

I think it is worth showing a paper trail and that you are responsive