Advice for newcomer

duskyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I live in Scotland but have a First Direct account for which i want to reclaim my penalty charges. Do I use the England forms or Scottish? It all feels very confusing at the moment but I am owed so much money I will stick with it.

Hi, what stage are you at, if youre just starting the first few letters are kinda standard no matter where you live. I think. It is when you get to the court stages things are different. Do you have your Bank statements yet? First direct are quick off the mark when it comes to sending them out, they dont cash your cheque either. i sent my letter for statements on 8th Dec and received them on the 15th. I have also heard of people just phoning for them instead of writing. I have written to them again on 15th requesting my £2100 plus £350 interest back ! Got a standard letter today saying they are looking into it and will reply soon.

Thanks for that - I only heard yesterday that you could get back the charges - so I really am right at the beginning. I think I have my statements from the last 6 years so I will start adding everything up....

May not be relevant, but did you know that First Direct will send a text if you're getting near O/D limit? If your limit is £500 you can choose when they send it, say at £400, £300 or whatever you want. It costs £2.50 per text but could be worth it!