Evri driver claims one of the dogs has bitten him

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could advise.

My mum has had a letter through the door from a solicitors claiming ‘dog bite and scratches’ and claiming compensation for an attack on an evri driver by a dog.

Looking at the photo of the date of delivery my dog a 1year old 5lb chihuahua is seen in the delivery picture with my dads hand grabbing the parcel. We aren’t aware of any attack or bites until my mum got a letter. 

My mum remembers on the day she had the dogs in the back garden, If there is someone at the door the dogs are locked away, my dad opened the door and my dog must have got loose. My dad said it stepped out and straight in when he called him and he didn’t see any attack. My dog has no previous history of this and is very tiny.

The day the letter was received 1 week and 6 days from the incident, I saw the same driver delivering on my street and have a video. He is in shorts and I could see no damage to his legs as stated and he was still working. 

also previously there was an instance involving him and my dog but at my address which is a street away. My dog has his bed on the window ledge and enjoys to look out, the same delivery man came to my house to deliver but before he knocked on he was tapping on the window to my dog which I found strange.

can anyone advise.

They have asked me to contact my insurance company but I don’t even know if the said attack actually happened and the extent, if any, of the damages.

I feel like this evri driver is trying to scam me to get compensation.

Tia

It’s addressed to my mums address where it allegedly happened but it’s my dog.

I have home and pet Insurance and im sure they will pay out but my point is I think it’s a false claim and on my pet insurance that goes against my dog in the future

Just addressed to ‘dir sirs’ and my mums address. I would have to check that with insurance.

what I found strange to in the letter it gives the drivers address date of birth and national insurance number, I thought that would be against gdpr rules 

No I believe they are legit solicitors but I don’t know them it’s Sebastian Rowe in Manchester.

I don’t believe the driver is being fully truthful that he needs compensation for ‘rehabilitation’ for anything my dog could have done within those seconds at his size and surely he would have said at the time or gone owe, not ‘ok thanks bye’ 

Thank you but I don’t want it to affect my mums insurance, I would like if possible to do through my own pet insurance.

It’s really horrible people can do this and the accused mental health should be considered when things like this, receiving a letter saying their is a claim against you is really distressing I’ve had palpitations for 2 days 

12 minutes ago, theberengersniper said:

My worry here is that you're going to make posts on various help/advice sites until someone somewhere tells you that you should either; a) deal with it yourself, or b) ignore it all, because I get the distinct impression from reading this thread that you don't want to accept the advice you've been given. I hope I'm wrong, sincerely.

The fact of the matter is, as has been said many times, you will make this situation considerably worse if you don't pass this on, or have your parents pass this on, to their insurer. I understand the desire to protect them and any associated anxiety they might be feeling, but that's a short-sighted view.

Not at all I’ve used this forum before and found it very useful and from that I have learned I need to have all my facts right before I jump to the instruction of a letter from an outsider when I have no knowledge in the matter 

• Like 1