Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yikes :eek:

Perhaps the April Fool joke that 'Reclaim the Right Ltd' has been bought out by a bank wasn't a joke after all. They haven't filed their accounts with Companies House this year, and OTB's rather dubious "Inside" thread was made an instant sticky........

Ok, Ok, I'm only joking........:p

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the chat line is on cidb.co.uk - Consumer Information Database Chat Room which is cidb.co.uk/chat/

The cidb site is owned by the founders and owners of CAG. As is the consumerhealthforum. All advertising revenue on either site eventually pays for CAG. Whereas, seahorses blog is a third party site.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Copied and pasted from Seahorse's blog

My post:

I was pretty annoyed when I read about this on CAG.

I’ve just disabled adblock to have a look see.

I have to say Seahorse, CAG do have a point looking at the crap that Google are currently pedaling on your blog.

You’ve talked a lot about irresponsible lending, I think you should now clean your advertising up!

His reply:

Thanks for your suggestion VolvoDriver. I’ve taken that on board and decided you have a point. So the ads have gone. (I was never going to make enough to cover my hosting costs anyhow).

To any CAG mods that might be visiting, take note. A visitor has made a suggestion which I considered and acted on. YOU on the other hand, demanded that they went, or my CAG signature would be deleted whether I liked it or not. So, which approach do you think was most effective?

Exactly. icon_wink.gif

My view:

I think now some reconciliation is in order.

I can do no more but wait and see what happens next.

If the advertising has gone, there is certainly no issue from our point of view. SH, or anyone else for that matter, is now quite free to place links to it.

I think it has always been clear that we can't allow exceptions, otherwise we simply couldn't 'enforce' any forum rules. In the words of Al Murray, if we didn't have rules, where would we be? ;)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I know I said I was off, but I think I've time for one last rant. I don't suppose too many people will get to see it as it will likely be censored at the very least. But I just have to ask, bearing in mind that my "commercial" blog had ads that went against the ethos of CAG,

WTF is THIS all about (from Dave's chat site)...

Combat bad credit with bad credit loansAuthorMessagedave

Site Admin

spacer.gificon_quote.gif

icon_post.gif Combat bad credit with bad credit loans

The Loan market has become very competitive. There are numerous schemes available for every kind of borrower, suiting every situation and financial needs. Equally large is the number of lenders available. So, having bad credit is no longer a deterrent in getting a loan with bad credit loans available.

[br]

Borrowers with late payments, arrears, payment defaults, CCJs, IVAs and having a credit score below 580, are labeled as having bad credit. As they are high risk borrowers, the lender makes an assessment of the borrower’s repayment capability before approving bad credit loans. Documents of income and bank statements are carefully scrutinized. The application is only approved after everything is made clear.

[br]

Bad credit loans are available in both secured and unsecured forms. Amounts ranging from £1000 to £75000 are made available for terms ranging from 6 months to 25 years. Unsecured loans require no collateral and provided to both tenants and homeowners. For smaller expenditure unsecured loans are the apt solution.

[br]

Bad credit loans have high interest rates compared to other loans. The lender has to take considerable risks while lending to borrowers with bad credit. Thus they charge high interests to compensate the risk involved.

[br]

Bad credit loans are available for a number of purposes. Be it educational needs, business needs, home improvement or buying cars and going on vacations, these loans are useful in any case. Borrowers can also restore and rebuild their credit score by timely repayment of the loan amount.

[br]

Before taking a bad credit loan, the borrower should ensure to obtain a copy of his credit report from a reputed credit rating agency and know his credit score. Many things such as interest rates, loan amounts and repayment terms depend on the credit score.

[br]

For finding bad credit loans on better terms borrowers should search online. By through research they can get the scheme suitable to their needs and capacity. Moreover applying online reduces paper work, making the process further hassle free.

[br]

Bad credit loans thus help borrowers having bad credit to support their expenses.

[br]

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:55 pmicon_profile.gif icon_pm.gif icon_email.gif

To be totally frank, I am APPALLED at the double standards that seem to be at work here. Gizmo said that consolidation loans were not what CAG is all about, and here's Dave advocating Bad Credit Loands, with a link to an external commercial site in the post.

By the way Dave, I'd get a book on Basic HTML if I were you. Just a hint. I'd hate folks to think the nonsense in the quote is MY work.

Right, I'll leave you all to play nicely again.

• Haha 2

Consumer Collector of the Year - Sponsored by Experian spacer.gifCheri Haden, Collections Agent, Vodafone

Drew Gilmour, Collection Officer, Allied International Credit

Neil Hunter, Account Officer, Cabot Financial :grin::grin::grin:

HELLO SEADOG

thought i'd make you laugh with the above by the way they credit today have locked that infighting thread "credit up north" that "went west"

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

The cidb site is owned by the founders and owners of CAG. As is the consumerhealthforum. All advertising revenue on either site eventually pays for CAG. Whereas, seahorses blog is a third party site.

So why does the "attention notice" say not affiliated with CAG?? when the revenue pays for CAG. Surely that is a contradiction?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

we cannot allow links that break the rules

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Just had a look at the rules, I was unable to find any rule or reference to the content of signatures.

If the rules in relation to topics and posts apply to signatures, this would mean that the rules have not been written in plain english. I presume on that basis it is an implied term.

If we were to assume that when you sign up to CAG you agree to abide by the rules, then surely a rule that allows one party to perform an act and prevents the other party from performing the same act is an unfair term and condition.

MMMmmm. Not written in plain english and an unfair term and condition...

Doesn't that sound a little familiar

*Disclaimer, the above post is intended to be sarcastic

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Totally agree with B3arty. Points have been made and energy expended. There is pride at work now on both sides.

Can the rest of us

Please.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

He's alive and well and posts on another site, where his signature is also alive and well. But I'm not allowed to mention it on here cos the link is not allowed.

It's ok Wendy, I know where he is. I'm on there as well but not as joesoap! Seahorse helped me out early last year when I needed some help and as far as I am concerned, he will be a great miss on here but a big hit OTR, where I spend most of my time. I suppose it's fair to say that Seahorse is not the first to feel pushed out, albeit voluntarily.

He's alive and well and posts on another site, where his signature is also alive and well. But I'm not allowed to mention it on here cos the link is not allowed.

I take it you didn't read post 1055 then?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I did actually. Fail to see the relevance. I'm not referring to the blog, or getting into an argument about CAG rules, or commercial sites or whatever, just simply referring to the fact that if links are posted to another site which some of us are members of, the link is redirected somwhow to somewhere else. Disneyworld I think it is. I was just stating a fact, that I couldn't post the link.

Yes, you're quite right. Thought you had been referring to the blog....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Just had a look at the rules, I was unable to find any rule or reference to the content of signatures.

If the rules in relation to topics and posts apply to signatures, this would mean that the rules have not been written in plain english. I presume on that basis it is an implied term.

If we were to assume that when you sign up to CAG you agree to abide by the rules, then surely a rule that allows one party to perform an act and prevents the other party from performing the same act is an unfair term and condition.

MMMmmm. Not written in plain english and an unfair term and condition...

Doesn't that sound a little familiar

*Disclaimer, the above post is intended to be sarcastic

Sarcastic or not, you have a point ;)

So why does the "attention notice" say not affiliated with CAG?? when the revenue pays for CAG. Surely that is a contradiction?

Sorry have not posted for a while as have been busy with other things - so I assume the answer to my question must be on previous posts that I have missed - or I have misunderstood the word " affiliated" must look it up

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE