Cabot/Nolans Ordinary Cause court Claim Ayr Sheriffs - 2 Cards 1 HBOS - 1 MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 12 months ago I stopped paying all my credit cards and one personal loan, amounting to ~£50k. The payments were crippling me and I was simply out of control. 

Everything has been defaulted and moved to debt collectors - to which I have maintained NO CONTACT with. 

My financial circumstances have obviously benefitted and I believe I could now arrange some form of long-term payment to clear - over 8,9 or 10 years. I've considered a DPP under DAS (due to my employment), however I'm unsure as to whether that is necessarily needed.

Amongst the mountain of letters, which has gradually eased off, stands Nolans Solicitors acting on behalf of Cabot - who bought 2 of my debts. I've had recent letters warning of court action in 7 days, but then followed up with another letter saying their client (Cabot) would accept instalments. 14 days to decide or they will consider further proceedings.

I guess I was secretly hoping i'd fall of the radar with some of these debts for a while, but it appears Cabot / Nolans are a bit more pressing?  Possibly others to follow and this is just the start of the turning point?

So, what do I do next?

Do I address each debt individually when it becomes serious? Saving the £s until then.

Or do I go down the pro-rata route now?

Self managed or DPP/DAS?

Up until now, i was fairly comfortable with the approach: stop paying, switch banks, default, ignore etc... but I'm a bit confused on whats next.

A/C opened OC DCA Type £
2018 Tesco Can't remember. Will update CC 8k
2015 Barclaycard PRA CC 3k
2017 MBNA Cabot / Nolans Solictors CC 11k
2016 BoS Cabot / Nolans Solictors CC 4k
2018 Jaja Opos CC 6k
2017 Virgin Arrow CC 9k
2000 Nationwide Opos Overdraft 1k
2014 Nationwide Opos CC 6k
2018 Nat Loan Arc Loan 7k

All defaulted in late 2022 or early 2023.

Any help or advice would be welcomed. Thanks

get reading up about nolans

just use our search.in the top red banner

pers id simply await the SPC form to come if one ever does then use the time to pay option.?

although looking at the debt age, theres a chance they might not get either enforceable CCA esp the MBNA one. their agreements are notoriously useless.

if it were me id run rings around nolans in court. it's a good experience and they are the worst you'll come up against, put always seem to screw up. i think i'm 15/2 in the cases ive been involved in now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Yesterday i was served a writ and warrant from my local Sheriff court. 21 day response.

Cabot v Me, instructed by Nolans. Initial writ is for the combined c15k (MBNA and BoS).

Provided with form 07 - notice of intentioin to defend and form 03 time to pay direction or time order may be applied for.

I'm completely lost on what to do now. Other DCAs continue contacting me, but no further action / yet.

Regarding time to pay, is that still a decree and will be noted on my credit file (?). From an employment perspective, I need to avoid that if at all possible (?). Does that then push me towards the DAS option?

Is it too late to CCA?

Extremely grateful for your previous response - and anything you can advise now.

Thanks 

please complete this:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

name the issuing court: Sheriffdom of South Strathclyde Dumfries & Galloway at Ayr Sheriff Court

Who Is The Claimant: Cabot Financial

Who Are the Solicitors: Nolans

What type of action? Ordinary

What is the claim for – 

To grant decree against the Defender for payment by the Defender to the Pursuers of the sum of FOURTEEN THOUSAND, NINE HUNDRED THIRTY SEVEN POUNDS AND FORTY TWO PENCE (£ 14,937.42 ) sterling payable to Pursuers with expenses: 

1. std text

2. On or around 26/01/2016 the Respondent entered a Credit card agreement with Bank of Scotland - Credit Card under which the Respondent borrowed from them a sum of money repayable on demand.

The said agreement was an agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The date of termination was 04/01/2023.

The Respondent failed to pay as agreed on demand and is in breach of contract with the said Bank of Scotland - Credit Card ,

The said supplier assigned all rights in the said debt to CABOT FINANCIAL UK LIMITED on 17/02/2023 and the Claimants have advised the Respondent of same,

The said sum of £ 4,188.09 is the sum sued for.

The Claimants have made frequent requests to the Respondent to make payment of the said sum but the Respondent has refused or delayed to do so.

3. On or around 05/08/2017 the Respondent entered Credit card agreement with MBNA Cards under which the Respondent borrowed from them a sum of money repayable on demand.

The said agreement was an agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The date of termination was 12/01/2023.

The Respondent failed to pay as agreed on demand and is in breach of contract with the said Bank of Scotland - Credit Card .

The said supplier assigned all rights in the said debt to CABOT FINANCIAL UK LIMITED on 17/02/2023 and the Claimants have advised the Respondent of same.

The said sum of £ 10,749.33 is the sum sued for.

The Claimants have made frequent requests to the Respondent to make payment of the said sum but the Respondent has refused or delayed to do so.

4. There remains a total balance due under both the above contracts of £ 14,937.42, which is the sum sued for.

The Pursuers have made frequent requests to the Defender to make payment of the said sum but the Defender has refused or delayed to do so.

5. The Defender has delayed or refused to make payment of the sum due to the Pursuers despite repeated application by the Pursuers and this action is now necessary.

date of raised claim [or court stamp date from writ or date from ] :- 05/09/23

Last Date Of Service [look on form 07]:- 05/09/23

Last Date For Response [look on form 07]:- 26/09/23

What Documents are listed in Box E2:[or in your form requesting the same?]

Is the claim for ......an Overdraft, credit card, loan account, HP Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt? :- 2 credit cards (MBNA, BoS)

BOX D4 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL

Date of Agreement: – 
Reference Number: – is this the original creditors account number? (y/n)

how many digits does it have?

Pleas in law

1. The Defender being contractually due and resting owing to the Pursuers in the sum sued for decree should be granted as craved.

from your knowledge: answer the following:

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? After 

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.:- Debt purchaser - Cabot

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Yes

When was you last payment:- Both 2022

Why did you cease payments:- Numerous credit cards with crippling interest payments. Severe financial mis-management.  

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

can we dot t's and cross i's  on a few things....

in their pleading has the pursuer given the card number for each card and are these 16 digits long?

and the 2nd one says HBOS too, at that time i dont think MBNA were anything to do with HBOS, it that a typo upon your behalf?

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Nolans Ordinary Cause court Claim - 2 Cards 1 HBOS - 1 MBNA

No card number or account number referenced anywhere. 

No typo from me, the paragraph which states the MBNA value states I was in breach of contract with BoS.

I have the full scanned forms, with blanked out personal details, if that's any use. 

Edited by AllyBallyG
Corrected my reply your question

really so they've no idea what they are actually litigating over..typical nolans rubbish and they've not listed the documents they hold either.. thats interesting.

forms would be wonderful that would be nice 

just the claim form please containing the above details  you typed out

thank you 

were these online sign ups? do you remember or paperwork you got then signed and returned? 

if i were to be honest, unless there are issues with the agreements being enforceable which for 2016/7 is somewhat doubtful, it might be worthy to consider filling out the Time Order Part you got,

we could get them to jump through the CCA request hoop by sending cabot a cca request for each tomorrow but as you dont know the account numbers and you might well be denying the debts totally in court it MUST go to cabot. 

so look u the card numbers in your records and get 2 cca request s ff to cabot tomorrow ok?

let me knw your thoughs and the bits that need answering above and we'll decide what to do by the 25th.

lots of ordinary cause claims here to read use our enhanced googe searchbox

ordinary cause

there are quite a few wins too

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Nolans Ordinary Cause court Claim Ayr Sheriffs - 2 Cards 1 HBOS - 1 MBNA

:yo:

• Haha 1

and they