Missed flights

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you take a photo of the board when it displayed the error message?

Ok. Reading around this forum about the steps involved taking a small claim in the county court.

Identify all of your losses including any extra expenses you incurred travelling etc.

Don't miss out a single penny.

Monitor this thread for a further reply later on today

• Thanks 1

The time on the boarding pass could be an issue but I doubt it and you will have to wait and see whether they raise it and then you have to produce an argument in rebuttal.

It seems to me that if the departure boards are there then one is entitled to rely on them for up-to-date information. A boarding pass is a printed ticket which is correct at the time that it was printed and of course the scenes can be subject to change and so one would look at the departure board.

Please can you itemise your losses in bullet pointed form

Okay, put together a letter of complaint – list out the expenses to which you have been put.
Tell them that you think it is reasonable that they compensate you. Include copies of the pictures again.

Don't give them a deadline but if they haven't responded within seven days – or if they knock you back (as they probably will) – then come back here having drafted a letter of claim.
I don't suppose we can identify a contract with the airport so it will have to be on the basis of negligence.
Your proposed action will be founded on the basis of a negligent misstatement which you relied upon to your detriment.

• Thanks 1