Won ADR judgement against footasylum. - Can this be enforced by a court? ***Paid in full after Letter of Claim ***

jk2054
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m sorry for any confusion.

It was 

and its legally binding yes.

Its just now a process of going to court. The judgement is done already, it just needs to be enforced 

So do I do letter of claim giving them another 14 days (they get 28 by default from the scheme) then file with MCOL

My apologies for the delay - Yesterday was very Hectic.

I recently made a claim to retail adr (a government approved ADR scheme for retailers in which the decisions are legally binding on the retailer if the consumer accepts the adjudicators decision) for goods that were not delivered.

The case was decided in my favor but the retailer failed to set out the remedy (it was repayment for goods that were not delivered)

In regards to the 28 days, one of the scheme rules is the judgement will become legally binding upon the company. The company subsequently has 28 days to fulfil the directions set by the adjudicator.

The adr stated "Whilst the Final Determination is legally binding on the trader once it is accepted, RetailADR does not have the express power to enforce traders to oblige with our Final Determination. This power is reserved strictly for the Courts."

"All RetailADR Subscribing Members are bound by the final determination of the adjudicator." - This is the term that makes it binding on them as far as I know.

I believe I am right in thinking that the court's job is simply to enforce the already decided case on the defendant so that they pay rather than to make the decision themselves.

I hope this provides some clarity and apologies once again for being so ambiguous yesterday.

• dx100uk changed the title to I won an ADR against footasylum. - Can ADR judgement enforced by the court?

Yes- “ once Its accepted” references me accepting the adjudicators findings

Its not on the retailer to accept, its on me to accept.

Ill ask on term 8.6

• Thanks 1

Thanks - I've made some very brief edits as suggested as well as including references to what actually happened.

For clarity - they claim to have delivered 4 orders all on the same day at the same time and I received 0 of them (I have CCTV that shows this)

Please do let me know if you think there is anything else I should add/remove/change.

FA POC 2.pdf

I don't agree.

As far as I'm aware, I'm not asking the court to make a decision.

I'm asking the court to enforce a decision.

The legally binding decision has already been decided, the court are just enforcing it.

• 2 weeks later...